mayday breakdown

May 25, 2005
Visit site
our caravan was stolen today, the police found it 3 miles away it was untowable, we contacted mayday, only to find out that the caravan is not covered unless attached to the towcar. how many people know this clause.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ann

Sorry to read about your theft. People should be more aware of this clause.

I suspect though that the repair will be done by the insurance company. The recovery of the 'van to the workshop should be done by the repairers and then added to the repair bill. So you shouldn't be out of pocket. This is what happened when we had an accident in our car many years ago.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I was alarmed to read of the theft of your caravan and have just finished reading the terms and conditions of my policy.

I have Comprehensive cover (

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
A car recovery policy, like Mayday, is intended to cover the car and should include recovery of the car itself after theft.

I would have thought in this case that the caravan insurance policy should be used to claim for recovery of a stolen caravan.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I phoned Mayday and they confirmed what Ann said in respect of a theft from your home, I'm assuming it was stolen from her home. If however you are either on the road, say taking a break or parked up at a caravan site and the van is stolen while you are out for the day for example, you would then be covered for the recovery of the stolen van or both van and car.

However as Mick and Roger have said you should be covered by your caravan insurance for the repair and recovery of the caravan.

Regards Jim

May 25, 2005
Visit site
I phoned Mayday and they confirmed what Ann said in respect of a theft from your home, I'm assuming it was stolen from her home. If however you are either on the road, say taking a break or parked up at a caravan site and the van is stolen while you are out for the day for example, you would then be covered for the recovery of the stolen van or both van and car.

However as Mick and Roger have said you should be covered by your caravan insurance for the repair and recovery of the caravan.

Regards Jim
we are still awaiting inspection of the caravan which has been towed from essex to wolverhampton for free storage by the insurers, we await the outcome

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts