Mayday glitch?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
It had to happen at some point. Left home this morning no issue. However at surgery car would not start. Phoned Mayday got a message to download their app. On downloading the app and registering I am told they have sent a verification code to my email address. No good to me as I don't receive email to my phone so back on the phone.
After a wait of about 20 minutes the phone was answered and told tech would be with us in an hour and 10 minutes. Eventually tech arrived and sorted the car and we drove home.
At home did the registration for the app and entered the verification code. No issue registering and it then asks you to link your policy to the app so that you can use the app to notify them and also so that you can track the technician coming to repair the car. I tried to link the policy and got a message unable to link the policy come back in a couple of weeks, not days, hours or minutes, but weeks. So would not have been able to use the app anyway.
Anyone else have this issue with the Mayday app?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It had to happen at some point. Left home this morning no issue. However at surgery car would not start. Phoned Mayday got a message to download their app. On downloading the app and registering I am told they have sent a verification code to my email address. No good to me as I don't receive email to my phone so back on the phone.
After a wait of about 20 minutes the phone was answered and told tech would be with us in an hour and 10 minutes. Eventually tech arrived and sorted the car and we drove home.
At home did the registration for the app and entered the verification code. No issue registering and it then asks you to link your policy to the app so that you can use the app to notify them and also so that you can track the technician coming to repair the car. I tried to link the policy and got a message unable to link the policy come back in a couple of weeks, not days, hours or minutes, but weeks. So would not have been able to use the app anyway.
Anyone else have this issue with the Mayday app?
What would they have done had you still been using an older phone which doesn’t take apps? But when I was in Mayday I had no problem loading the app, but fortunately did not have to use it. I’m now with Britannia who are app free.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
What would they have done had you still been using an older phone which doesn’t take apps? But when I was in Mayday I had no problem loading the app, but fortunately did not have to use it. I’m now with Britannia who are app free.
You don't have to have the app so basic phone is all you need to call them.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Well wonder why the OP didn’t just tell them to get on with it regardless. I would have done , then sorted the app out later.
When you phone you get the message telling you that there is up to 30 minutes to wait for them to answer the call due to high call volume. You then told to download the app and use it as it will be quicker than waiting on the phone which is why I went to download the app.
It was quite cool sitting in the car with no heating etc which is why I decided that maybe downloading the app may result in a quicker response. However even if I had downloaded the app and ionputted the verification code I still would not have been able to use it. I had to make a second call and to the back of the queue.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
When you phone you get the message telling you that there is up to 30 minutes to wait for them to answer the call due to high call volume. You then told to download the app and use it as it will be quicker than waiting on the phone which is why I went to download the app.
It was quite cool sitting in the car with no heating etc which is why I decided that maybe downloading the app may result in a quicker response. However even if I had downloaded the app and ionputted the verification code I still would not have been able to use it. I had to make a second call and to the back of the queue.
Nearly every business or organisation that I ring start off by explaining that there are high call volumes, whatever the time of day. Then suggest you look at the website. If the website could answer my question I would not have bothered ringing. I’m not that desperate for social intercourse. It’s become endemic in the pandemic. I find it amazing that after two years many still haven’t cracked effective working from home, or hybrid working. I suppose todays calls were mainly duff batteries, or Anon can’t get into the car as the locks are frozen.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Nearly every business or organisation that I ring start off by explaining that there are high call volumes, whatever the time of day. Then suggest you look at the website. If the website could answer my question I would not have bothered ringing. I’m not that desperate for social intercourse. It’s become endemic in the pandemic. I find it amazing that after two years many still haven’t cracked effective working from home, or hybrid working. I suppose todays calls were mainly duff batteries, or Anon can’t get into the car as the locks are frozen.
When you sat in a car park with poor reception some distance from your laptop, the last thing you want to do is rummage around trying to find a website.
Anyway my question was whether anyone else has experienced the same after downloading the app and not about my circumstances or location etc. Thanks

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
When you sat in a car park with poor reception some distance from your laptop, the last thing you want to do is rummage around trying to find a website.
Anyway my question was whether anyone else has experienced the same after downloading the app and not about my circumstances or location etc. Thanks
I think I was agreeing with the thrust of your issue with Mayday, and did not say anything about any interest in your location. But as I said I had downloaded their app when I was a member and it installed satisfactorily but did not have to use Mayday for a call out.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I think I was agreeing with the thrust of your issue with Mayday, and did not say anything about any interest in your location. But as I said I had downloaded their app when I was a member and it installed satisfactorily but did not have to use Mayday for a call out.
Apologies as I misunderstood your post.

Reactions: otherclive
May 7, 2012
Visit site
Used them last year and just rang and had no problem. We were out at Loch Lomond which has very dodgy reception at the time.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Buckman, with all respect, with all your glitches with electronics, heating , caravan stuff. Is the common demominator, maybe yourself, ?
Remember there is an amount of humour concerned with this.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Buckman, with all respect, with all your glitches with electronics, heating , caravan stuff. Is the common denominator, maybe yourself, ?
Remember there is an amount of humour concerned with this.

I understand the humour, but unfortunately it has not been me on every occasion as proved. Wish it was as easy to resolve then. :ROFLMAO:
Tumble dryer does have an issue as mentioned by Which Consumer in their report and their findings are the same as ours. They did the report after we had purchased the tumble dryer.
The Mayday / Green Flag app now works and it has loaded the policies. Not sure why it would not when I first downloaded it unless at the point it was being overloaded with call outs etc..

Reactions: Hutch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts