MCB amps

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I have a 2013 Bailey Unicorn 2. When looking at the wiring diagram I noticed that both the 10 amp MCB and the 16 amp MCB both have boiler connections. Is the 1kw element linked to the 10 amp and the 2kw to the 16 amp?

Just wondered as to why the boiler is split to both. Thanks for any advice

2llyjjc.png

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Switch off the 10Amp mcb and check if the boiler works at the 1KW setting,then do the same with the 16Amp mcb with the setting at 2KW.
Bailey's (in line with other manufacturers) electrical diagrams are pathetic.I'm convinced that whoever produced them never had any electrical training.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I would suggest that the mcbs are not marked up correctly. Take a look in your caravans documentation for the Electrical Installation Certificate, Look at the circuit details and test results. It should be quite clear on the results as to the duty of each mcb

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Could it be the igniter for the boiler is on the lower rated socket, the heater element on the larger one? Just guessing mind :cheer:

May 26, 2014
Visit site
bertieboy1 said:
Switch off the 10Amp mcb and check if the boiler works at the 1KW setting,then do the same with the 16Amp mcb with the setting at 2KW.
Bailey's (in line with other manufacturers) electrical diagrams are pathetic.I'm convinced that whoever produced them never had any electrical training.

GStockton said:
I would suggest that the mcbs are not marked up correctly. Take a look in your caravans documentation for the Electrical Installation Certificate, Look at the circuit details and test results. It should be quite clear on the results as to the duty of each mcb

I would agree with you both! I had a look and this is a printing error.

Please see below link of the MCB's in the van and how it does not match with the diagram

QD.jpg

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hmm C16 mcb, no discrimination there then. This means if you are only on a 10a site supply bollard in the event of a fault the site mcb will allways trip first, if you are even on a full 16a supply the site bollard will allways trip first because the fault current has to pass through the first protective device first. 10 amp mcbs in the caravan make more sense.

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Wrong !,with two circuit breakers of the same rating connected in series there is no certainty the circuit breaker closest to the source of supply will trip first.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sorry I do not agree, Been doing this Electrical work now for 44 years. I mention the term Fault current and not Overload current, think about it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts