Medical requirments Spain

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
In Spain recently a friend had to go to a regional health centre. he took his new E111 card (not form) but unfortunately did not have his passport with him.

Centre insisted he handed over a photocopy of the card, and would not make one for him despite there being a photocopier immediately adjacent to the reception desk.

So it seems that the advice to carry a couple of photocopies applies to the new card as well as the old E111 form.

Feb 12, 2006
Visit site
We were in Spain for the winter, and had to visit a Medical Centre. I must say that I found them very efficient and certainly wasn't asked for photocopies or anything.

Quite the reverse in fatc.They went out of their way to find someone who spoke English and stayed with us the whole time we were there.

I guess it depends on where you are and the luck of the draw. (not that different from UK after all)

Mar 8, 2006
Visit site
I lived out in Spain for a year and I found the medical care was far better than here in the UK. The service was quick, caring and free. I have never had a problem, and have certainly never taken a copy of my E111.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts