Memory foam mattress toppers

Jun 18, 2008
Visit site
Greatly recommended especially by Mrs Meldrew2. Ours is Jonic, so probably not the cheapest - seems very well made though, sewn into cotton (?) cover. Remember it will add a few kilos to your payload, and make lifting a fixed bed base that bit harder. The gas struts on ours are not man enough for the job of holding the base open when all the bedding is in place.

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Jim,you will not regret buying one of these.We bought a kingsize one to fit the big front bed set up and to cover the joins in the cushions cos I am like the princess with the pea and must have a smooth surface to sleep on.Now we have a fixed bed set up and the topper is a bit big but our mattress is memory foam so the topper is on our bed at home!!!!!!Waste not want not.How nice to be getting a new van,enjoy it!!!!

Thursdays Child

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
I would suggest trying one out by laying on it in a bedding store ?

We bought one - Wife absolutely loved it, me I hated the thing, seemed to grip me every time I tried to move (mind you I like a really firm bed) - so it was given away - we now have a single that is just on SWMBO's side of the bed.

Each to their own!

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
We also had a memory foam topper which didn't suit both of us... I loved it but John had the same problem as Johnny v has described!

In the end we bought a mattress topper from Ikea which was made of ordinary foam but has a lovely thick quilted cotton zip off cover. A fitted sheet will fit over this topper perfectly (which solves having to lift the heavy sprung mattress) and it is also lighter than memory foam, ours cost just under

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
Greatly recommended especially by Mrs Meldrew2. Ours is Jonic, so probably not the cheapest - seems very well made though, sewn into cotton (?) cover. Remember it will add a few kilos to your payload, and make lifting a fixed bed base that bit harder. The gas struts on ours are not man enough for the job of holding the base open when all the bedding is in place.
Thankyou

Jim

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
Jim,you will not regret buying one of these.We bought a kingsize one to fit the big front bed set up and to cover the joins in the cushions cos I am like the princess with the pea and must have a smooth surface to sleep on.Now we have a fixed bed set up and the topper is a bit big but our mattress is memory foam so the topper is on our bed at home!!!!!!Waste not want not.How nice to be getting a new van,enjoy it!!!!

Thursdays Child
Thanks.

Jim

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
I would suggest trying one out by laying on it in a bedding store ?

We bought one - Wife absolutely loved it, me I hated the thing, seemed to grip me every time I tried to move (mind you I like a really firm bed) - so it was given away - we now have a single that is just on SWMBO's side of the bed.

Each to their own!
Thanks.

Jim

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
We also had a memory foam topper which didn't suit both of us... I loved it but John had the same problem as Johnny v has described!

In the end we bought a mattress topper from Ikea which was made of ordinary foam but has a lovely thick quilted cotton zip off cover. A fitted sheet will fit over this topper perfectly (which solves having to lift the heavy sprung mattress) and it is also lighter than memory foam, ours cost just under

TRENDING THREADS