Memory lane 20th century caravans

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Looking at the vans for me is a trip down memory lane but also how far the construction of modern ones have evolved. Love all the memories and experiences we has over a four decade period but also pleased for the new ones people will make with alot more comfort and ease with the equipment available.

Jul 25, 2021
Visit site
My parents first van was a Sprite, the second was an Abbey, split window at the front, plain glass in those days. One that is missing was a Riveira they mainly made statics, but the odd tourer as well, my parents bought a new one from Kenwood leisure in Bradford in the 70s. two berth rear end kitchen.

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Bought a 1963 Sprite Alpine for £600.lived in Essex and with two young children we done many trips to Scotland Lake District and Cornwall.front window use to leak whilst travelling so towels were put there to soak it up.Water pump was a foot pressure by the sink,toilet was a glorified bucket .Sold it in 1970 for £600. We stored it on a local farm in one of his sheds and and every so often we would spend a day at weekends just sitting there viewing what ever.Many memories.

Reactions: Bluetonic and Hutch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts