merley court

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Some while ago I requested information regarding sites in the Poole area of Dorset. Many of you recommended Merley Court and on this recommendation I booked for nine days at the site and paid in advance by credit card. Unfortunately on the way to the site I had a serious accident with the van on the A350 just south of WARMINSTER and had to return home with the caravan relayed back to Bridgend. I telephoned the site to explain the situation and was given full sympathy over the phone. Today (3/8/05) I received a cheque from the site owners refunding my site fees. I felt that this jesture by the owners was marvellous and I am so impressed that I felt I must praise their action in a public manner. Once the van is sorted out I will certainly be making a further booking with this site as a token of my appreciation in the way they have conducted their business. More companies like this the country needs.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I reckon you're jolly lucky.

We were booked to go to a Best of British site in September but because of an unforeseen family crisis cropping up, we decided as soon as possible that we would be unable to take up the booking.

We asked them if they would give us a credit note for the deposit as we had every intention of going but could not say when this would be. They said that deposits were not refundable which we understand but they would give us a credit note which would only be valid until the end of this season. In view of the fact that we had given them more than 6 weeks notice of cancellation and the money would remain in their coffers earning interest whether we went or not, I thought this was a bit stingey. They have every chance of re-letting the pitch and still making their money.

They must be flippin' hard up for

Mar 23, 2005
Visit site
Colin,

sorry to hear about the accident with your van. The comments about Merley Court don't surprise me though. We stayed there for 14 nights, 16th to 30th July and would readily reccommend the site. It was clean, tidy, great facilities and freindly staff. We paid

Jul 18, 2005
Visit site
Colin,

sorry to hear about the accident with your van. The comments about Merley Court don't surprise me though. We stayed there for 14 nights, 16th to 30th July and would readily reccommend the site. It was clean, tidy, great facilities and freindly staff. We paid

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts