Merrose Farm

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
I stayed at this site for a week and it seemed a nice site with nice wardens until I had a couple of problems my electric tripped at around 10:20 in the evening and when I asked warden if he could flick the switch he told me to wait until morning in a rather nasty manner (my eldest daughter who is 12 is registered disabled) and 2 days later my children were getting teerorised by other children throwing bark chippings and stones in the park I saw one of the parents who was not interested so it continued I went to see the warden at 7:40pm and he said he would go and see to it but he never bothered I am disappointed as I like other people pay a membership fee for use of these sites and I have sent a huge complaint into the Caravan Club about this one warden and I may cancel my membership as I would rather stay on an independently owned site where you may or may not get a better service I really feel let down by the club and I got the feeling the wardens condone this behaviour what is the point of having a warden if your complaint is not looked into.

G

I am sorry you had a bad experience on this particular site. I have stayed there in 2005 and had a wonderful time, however, the wardens tend to get moved around from one year to the next so that may throw up different scenarios.

While I sympathise with your feelings I think you may have to take a step back and think things through. Wardens are there to look after the site but they cannot be policemen. Yes, they can indeed ask recalcitrant campers to leave but they are going to need more than just one complainant before they would wish to embark upon that action. Like many of us they may feel that allowing time for things to cool off, may be the best thing in the long run, especially where children are concerned. Yesterday's 'enemies' can easily become tomorrow's 'friends'.

Please don't allow one incident to prejuduce you against the CC, they offer some excellent sites and the majority of the wardens are extremely good. There are bad ones out there but one can say that about virtually everything one encounters in life. I too have 'sworn' about wardens, especially when they go grass cutting, but another day and i have cooled off, so what the h..l You can if you are really concerned, ask to make a report on the site which has to be logged and obviously would get sent to the CC head office.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Anthony,

I must say that I have to agree with Scotch Lad.

The wardens work long hours and I certainly would not dream of disturbing them after hours unless it was a real emergency.What made your electrics trip? Too many appliances being used at the same time? Could you not have switched onto gas for the night ?

As for children misbehaving....surely you could have sorted that out yourself,rather than disturbing the warden.....he'd probably only just managed to get his dinner.It must be a thankless job at times.

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
Ok they may work long hours but it is not my job to sort out the kids the parent in question was not interested and it continued wardens are there to deal with anything especially when kids are causing trouble on the site I got an e mail back off the caravan club saying my complaint about the warden has been sent to the regional manager.

G

Anthony,

I hope things get sorted to your satisfaction. I am not a defender per se of wardens, I do feel that some of them enter into the job, without really thinking through all the liabiities, in particular where couples are concerned. The husband is happy playing Tonka on his tractor, but the wife has to face 'joe public' and it can be extremely stressful. It is one of the reasons why I have given a lot of thought as to whether i would really wish to try the job. Mind you for a shot as a 'Tonka' driver....hmmmm!

Seriously tho', stick with the CC don't let one incident deny you access to a lot of extremely good sites.

I have also just sent in a complaint letter regarding an Advance Booking ,so all is not perfect, but I will stick with being a member for while yet.

TRENDING THREADS