Metallic noise

Nov 26, 2021
Visit site
Hi while towing our lunar ultima 2007 we get a metallic rattle which sounds like something is loose but only when I'm slowing down. I've had the car and tow bar checked and all is fine. Any ideas what it could be.
Many thanks

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Sounds to me like something in the over run breaking system or possibly just dirt in the hitch. I would clean the hitch and tow ball and see if that cures it. If not have an engineer check out the caravans over run breaking system.

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
We had the same a few years back, the support bracket for the brake system had come adrift.
Simple task to refit.

Have a look under the van.

Kev

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi , it may be that the noise you refer to only being there when slowing down is actually there all the time but the extra road noise and cars engine noise is masking it until you slow down, this doesn’t help to find out what it is but the slowing part could just be a red herring that you can dismiss.

BP

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
My van has the Elddis version of spare wheel carrier which had become noisy squeaky and rattly where it hung through the chassis - presumably always there but only audible at slow speed. All greased up at service and quiet again. Not sure what your carrier is and I might be soooo wide of the mark, but just an idea if the Lunar carrier is a similar ‘wire frame’.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts