mice in caravan out side locker

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi seen some mouse droppings in out side locker but not seen any inside caravan

any ideas how to stop them i here they dont like moth ball any ideas

we dont want to use a trap as the caravan is in storage 12 miles away so could only go once a week

thanks from sue

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Sue

Moth balls worked a treat for us. I did use a couple of mouse traps to start and caught three.

Have put a couple of Moth Balls in several cups (they "melt" apparently and can make quite a mess) arround the caravan and despite the smelliest chees possible in the traps - no further mice caught.

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
Mice in the gas locker are almost certainly getting in through the gas drop holes in the bottom of the locker. Maybe the easiest solution is to fix some fine mesh over these holes. However, if there's nothing in your gas locker to sustain the mice they probably wont come back.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
If you do decide to use traps ,which is probably the best ,dont use cheese but instead chocolate is very effective,I have used it at home at various times.

May 25, 2005
Visit site
We had a caravan on a seasonal pitch. We had it stored over winter in a large hanger which was well known for its rodent visitors.

I can confirm that mothballs were excellent. Using the small mesh washing bags, supplied by a well known company, we put four mothballs in 4 separate bags. Each bag was hung beneath the seats at four corners of the van (where the air vents were). They remained solid, with no sign of 'melting'. We did not need to use mouse traps or anything else. Our van came out of storage some months later and there was no sign of any little monsters getting onboard. Our close neighbours in storage also were suprised they had not had a visitation, when other vans in the same building suffered quite badly.

Needless to say, don't leave any food in the van. Even in airtight containers.

There has been a thread on this already, but it is a long time ago so you may not be able to find it. Hope this reply is helpful.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts