Jul 3, 2021
Visit site
Thanks other Clive. Brilliant video. JezzerB, I have found a microwave that fits but I don't know how to get the old one out because of the trim around the outside. I'm not sure how to remove it without breaking it, there are no visible clips.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks other Clive. Brilliant video. JezzerB, I have found a microwave that fits but I don't know how to get the old one out because of the trim around the outside. I'm not sure how to remove it without breaking it, there are no visible clips.
Mine just pulls off but yours might be different :)

Reactions: JezzerB
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Did you buy the caravan from a dealer ask them how the trim comes off around the microwave or where you have it service they should know :)

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Have a look around the microwave housing underneath and beside it-or above it-somewhere there will probably be screws hidden by adhesive stickers to take the trim off and allow you to remove the microwave but there are plenty of youtube videos if you google search how to remove my elddis caravan microwave and then just source one that fits-they are plug in via 13 amp household socket.

Ern

May 23, 2021
Visit site
On Swift caravans, for example, there is a removable piece of trim screwed in place above the microwave front. Remove this and the oven can lift up an inch and then slide out. (The removable piece stops the oven accidentally jumping up when travelling). If I were you, I would take the oven out first before you decide whether to attempt a repair or replace it. You will then be able to check the dimensions and any special fittings. For Swift caravans for example, there are 4 rubber spigots on the base of the oven which have to locate in metal brackets.

Jul 3, 2021
Visit site
Thanks everyone for great advice. I've just been to have a look at the housing and I can't see any screws inside and outside. I think I might just leave it to the experts. I don't want to break anything.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts