Milenco Wraith wheel lock

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Hi.Just collected our 2013 Bailey Olympus 530/4 from the dealers.
Very pleased with it except I have a small problem.
I purchased a Milenco Wraith wheel lock a few weeks ago and tried to fit it today.
Ive changed the wheel nut for the Milenco supplied one and tried to slide the "socket"part over the new nut.
It doesnt reach even after unscrewing it fully.
The gap is on my alloy is too narrow.
I can push a 19mm socket down to undoe/tighten the nut,but the Milenco socket it too wide.
Anyone else had this problem?

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
Same problem on my Bailey. If you contact Milenco they will supply you with another, smaller diameter, lock barrel and keys upon return of your original lock barrel and keys. I sent mine in a padded envelope recorded delivery. Unfortunately they won't refund the postage but it wasn't too expensive.

Mike

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Same problem on my Bailey. If you contact Milenco they will supply you with another, smaller diameter, lock barrel and keys upon return of your original lock barrel and keys. I sent mine in a padded envelope recorded delivery. Unfortunately they won't refund the postage but it wasn't too expensive.

Mike
Thank you Mike.
I bought mine from that well known auction site and after contacting the seller earlier,they said they would contact Milenco for advice.
Hopefully,the outcome may be the same for me.
Ade

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Hi Mike.
The seller has just had a reply from Milenco and they said that there was an issue with certain pre 2011 Bailey alloy wheels where the shaft would not fit so they have in stock smaller ones (as you mentioned) and will send to the seller.
As soon as the seller receives it,they will forward it on to me.
Problem solved...lol

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
Good news.

I also found that a small drop of oil on the barrell locking mechanism helped when removing the wheel lock from the wheel. Mine was a quite difficult to remove, in fact I thought I was going to have to call Milenco at one stage as I couldn't get it off, finally when I did remove it, the oil helped. Make sure you're aware which way to turn the key to remove the lock from the wheel, I ended up going backwards and forwards attempting to unlock it.

Mike

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Good news.

I also found that a small drop of oil on the barrell locking mechanism helped when removing the wheel lock from the wheel. Mine was a quite difficult to remove, in fact I thought I was going to have to call Milenco at one stage as I couldn't get it off, finally when I did remove it, the oil helped. Make sure you're aware which way to turn the key to remove the lock from the wheel, I ended up going backwards and forwards attempting to unlock it.

Mike

Best to use a specific lock lubricant as over time oil can pick up dust and can harden too. Graphite lock lub is better.

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
Completely agree with you, it's all I had available at the time and after struggling to remove the lock I needed to use something.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts