Milton of Fonab Campsite

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Just read the article 'County Counsel Perthshire' in this months magazine. Having recently planned a tour of Scotland taking in Pitlochry, I was interested to read any comment on my chosen site there, the 'Milton of Fonab' Campsite, but Bryony made no mention of it.

Has anyone visited this site who can give me any thoughts they may have on it, as it appears to be the closest to the centre of Pitlochry, which for us is a good thing.

I should add that I think that this series of articles are excellent for anyone visiting the area's they have covered.

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
We stayed at this campsite in September this year. It has a lot of mobile homes as well as tourers. It is ideally placed for walking into Pitlochry. The site itself is clean and seems well maintained, with friendly staff etc. The only downside we found was that the pitch was only just long enough for our 22ft motorhome, but it didn't cause us a problem. If you are using an awning this is in a separate area, so I am not sure on the pirches in that area.

BryonySymes

Administrator
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
BedfordGeorge said:
Just read the article 'County Counsel Perthshire' in this months magazine. Having recently planned a tour of Scotland taking in Pitlochry, I was interested to read any comment on my chosen site there, the 'Milton of Fonab' Campsite, but Bryony made no mention of it.

Has anyone visited this site who can give me any thoughts they may have on it, as it appears to be the closest to the centre of Pitlochry, which for us is a good thing.

I should add that I think that this series of articles are excellent for anyone visiting the area's they have covered.

George, thanks for your feedback on this! I'm sorry that I missed out that site; it looks like a good one. I hope you have a lovely stay there.

I'm glad that you find the guides useful! At the moment I'm working on the County Counsel guide to Kent. Do you have any recommendations for sites and things to do? It would be a great help. Thanks!

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Bryony, you HAVE to stay at Broadhembury, its a gem! A must visit is Dover Castle, including all the underground attractions. Also, Ashfird is a great place for a train trip to London.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Hello Bryony,

I have only stayed at the Black Horse site in preparation for the Dover Ferry, so cannot suggest any sites in Kent.
Happy to see you are doing well at the magazine, we met on the PC Rally to Benodet,just after you joined.

Thanks to Sheila D, just what I wanted, as we do like sites close to the local town.

Regards,
George

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts