Minehead CC site

Dec 16, 2007
Visit site
Hi all, just booked Minehead cc site for easter, anyone been to the site ? Would you recommend it ? Is it usual cc standard.

Would be grateful for comments

Ian

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
A nice site with all facilities. Up to the normal C.C. standards. It does say it has a dog walk but I can't recall it - sorry

Situated in Minehead itself although it doesn't seem it.

Handy for Butlins and the West Somerset Railway.

Would I go again - yes if touring that area.

Dec 16, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for that, what is the actual village of Minehad like, have been told by some that it is like Blackpool and others have said it is like a typical cornish village, we are not really bothered about entertainment or bars or butlins, just looking for somewhere close to go for easter.

Is the site sloping as it says in the handbook levelling blocks required ????

Many Thanks

IAn

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I don't recall the pitches not being level, ours certainly was.

The town is small, nowhere near like Blackpool. Apart from driving through the main street we didn't shop. We used the site as a base for touring the area of north Somerset and Exmoor.

It's a small site which is screened from the road and the houses opposite. I would guess that it used to be a small quarry into the side of a hill years ago.

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
Minehead is quite small, has a main street with the odd souvenier shop here and there, but its nothing like Blackpool. The seafront has a long strip of road, along this road there is a couple of fish and chip shops, and bucket and spade shops.

Probably the only thing it has in common with Blackpool is the colour of the sea! (muddy brown) ;-)

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Quote ... "Probably the only thing it has in common with Blackpool is the colour of the sea! (muddy brown)"

The reason for the brown colouring is because along this coast there is a botulism that sits in the stomach of shore crabs giving them diarrhoea.

TRENDING THREADS