Mini cruise to Spain

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Brittany are offering mini cruises to Spain at £99 a head return. Inside cabin included. For a couple on foot that is £198 which I think is quite reasonable. You can disembark in Santander for a couple of hours before returning to the ship for the return trip. Has anyone done one of these Mini cruises?

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
You can get a ‘proper’ cruise for about £200 per day. Yes double. But on a ship with full facilities, great food a drinks package and entertainment. And more time ashore.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
You can get a ‘proper’ cruise for about £200 per day. Yes double. But on a ship with full facilities, great food a drinks package and entertainment. And more time ashore.

John
In the weekend papers there are cruses at less than £100 per night pp, but that’s an inside cabin. Although outside cabins of equivalent size aren’t a lot more expensive. I’ve got two relatives currently in Istanbul area on a cruise priced at around £100 pp.

I once had an all expenses paid 6 months in the Mediterranean. Shear bliss hanging over the side rails watching the sunrise. But Biscay was no fun as the ship had no stabilisers.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
In the weekend papers there are cruses at less than £100 per night pp, but that’s an inside cabin. Although outside cabins of equivalent size aren’t a lot more expensive. I’ve got two relatives currently in Istanbul area on a cruise priced at around £100 pp.

I once had an all expenses paid 6 months in the Mediterranean. Shear bliss hanging over the side rails watching the sunrise. But Biscay was no fun as the ship had no stabilisers.
Cruising does not appeal to us. Marj hates sailing, and I used to get very board on the ferry to Hamburg or the Hook of Holland. Calais I can cope with.

Friends keep telling me that a proper cruise ship is totally different. We will never know.

John

Reactions: Hutch
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site

John
Would that be £200 each? This is £198 for two nights. The ferry ships have full facilities, great food and drinks. We are not bothered about time ashore as we cannot walk far anyway. :)

Reactions: PTA
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We definitely have no intention of being cooped up on a cruise ship for days on end.
A lot of cruise ships only move at night and each day you are in a different port. Obviously different in the Pacific or from U.K. into Scandinavia or the initial transit to the Mediterranean where Portugal is a popular initial stop. Not much different to Santander leg.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
A lot of cruise ships only move at night and each day you are in a different port. Obviously different in the Pacific or from U.K. into Scandinavia or the initial transit to the Mediterranean where Portugal is a popular initial stop. Not much different to Santander leg.
As mentioned in an earlier post, we both have mobility issues and are limited on how far we can walk which is why a hop off an on quick cruise to Santander and back suits us. (y)

Reactions: otherclive
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Would that be £200 each? This is £198 for two nights. The ferry ships have full facilities, great food and drinks. We are not bothered about time ashore as we cannot walk far anyway. :)
Sounds very reasonable to me for that price but with my mobility issues would have to take my wheelchair or scooter to get about ,(y)

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Sounds very reasonable to me for that price but with my mobility issues would have to take my wheelchair or scooter to get about ,(y)
Then it is not a problem for you as they cater for disabled passengers. They also have special cabins for those using a wheelchair. I never had any issues.

JRT

May 5, 2024
Visit site

You can book an accessible cabin for these mini cruises (subject to availability) but the info. on the web site implies you have to book by phone rather than on line.

Edit to add - just tried out of curiosity on a few sailings and it wouldn't show an accessible cabin as available, so they are either only bookable by phone or in very short supply.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240531-085755.png
    Screenshot_20240531-085755.png
    167.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts