mirror extensions

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
It would be best to check with the car manufacturer first whether the automatic folding mirror was ever designed to take the weight of a mirror extension as well. I suspect that the durability of the electric drive would suffer under the extra load for which it was probably never designed. To be safe, I wouldn't fit mirror extensions piggy back on an automatic system or else find some way of turning off the automatic feature when the mirror extensions are fitted.

Mar 8, 2006
Visit site
have discovered that the mirrors do not fold when the door is locked with the key instead of the key-plip.Has anyone tried milenco clip on mirrors on this type of mirror? bill.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I read somewhere that folding mirrors with extension mirrors fitted tend to fold inwards on the move due to increased windage. It might be worth doing a test run before buying.

Mike E

Jun 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

we have powered folding mirrors on our cars and have had no problem with them when towing with Milenco extensions. They are both manually operated which is good as otherwise the extensions would hit the car side windows.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts