mirrors and satelite

May 17, 2005
Visit site
I want to know 2 things - ! 1) whats the law on mirrors , my car , afiat multipla is wide enough to be able to see both sides of the caravsn , will I need extension mirrors still ? , 2 ) I'm thinling of getting a satelite dish and reciever which coes;nt need a card insted of a arial - anyone know anything about them and are they any good .

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The law states that even Multiplas must have at least one extension mirror on the offside,you really are a lot safer with one no matter how wide you think you are there is always a blind spot behind you.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
To find out more about satellite TV in your caravan, there is a very good website at http://www.d4u.co.uk/

Lots of information and ideas. You can buy dishes and tripods quite cheaply on E-Bay.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The law states that even Multiplas must have at least one extension mirror on the offside,you really are a lot safer with one no matter how wide you think you are there is always a blind spot behind you.
I thought the law says that you have to have sufficient rearward vision - if necessary by using extension mirrors. I recall a posting, possibly from Lutz - he said you have to be able to see the rear corners of the caravan in your mirrors. I think.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Alan, the law says you must have an adequate view to the rear but does not define adequate, this being presumably up to the Police Officer concerned. The CC say 'that if there is not an adequate view through the caravan rear window then it may be neccessary to have additional exterior towing mirrors fitted to provide a view along both sides of the caravan In some cases these additional mirrors are a legal requirement'.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Alan, the law says you must have an adequate view to the rear but does not define adequate, this being presumably up to the Police Officer concerned. The CC say 'that if there is not an adequate view through the caravan rear window then it may be neccessary to have additional exterior towing mirrors fitted to provide a view along both sides of the caravan In some cases these additional mirrors are a legal requirement'.
sorry meant top say 'in some countries these additional mirrors are a legal requirement'.

Apr 27, 2005
Visit site
in response to satellite. www.satcure.co.uk has loads of information.

buy mini dish, second hand digibox and tripod from e bay or new from www.brymar.co.uk and get ftv card from sky at 0870 606 1111.

takes a while at the first set up but then its easy.

i bought minidish and tripod from e bay and take my digibox from home, you dont need telephone connected, and takes me about 10min to set up then i get all my normal sky channels when im away

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think you'll find that, by fitting a mirror on the offside, it increases your visibility on the traffic behind your van, something thats not always possible with standard vehicle mirrors. There's nothing worse than starting to pull out to pass a slower vehicle, when you notice white van man coming up rapidly.I only fit the one mirror and I have never had a problem.Looking back along the sides of the van tells you nothing about traffic behind, unless you only have a 4ft wide van.

TRENDING THREADS