mixed sites for tents and caravans

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Hello,

I'm planning on meeting my sister from down south and we thought the peak district would be a good place (sort of in the middle) does anyone know of a site that would allow a tent to be pitched next to a caravan both require Elec hook-up? I looked on the CC website and liked the look ofGrin Low but can't tell if they keep caravans and tents seperate. thanks Simon

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Simon, I thought the Caravan Club didn't accept tents at all on their sites? That certainly used to be the case, since it was the reason we left, when we had to 'down-shift' from a caravan to a trailer tent in 1991. Assumiong that it is still the case, I can assure you that Camping and Caravanning Club sites mix tents which are using an electric hook-up in with caravans. Whether or not you could get adjacent pitches would, of course, depend upon how full a site was when you arrived.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I used to go to a lot of sites with my sister who had a tent. I'm sure if you rang and asked any sites most would accomodate you. I have stayed at Blackshaw Moor near Leek. Its a nice site right on the edge of the peak district but there are others in the area too, sorry can't remember the names but there is one in Leek that my friend stays at, near a canal or river I think. Maybe someone that reads this will know.

Mike

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Try the Camping & Caravanning Club site at Blackshaw Moor near Leek, off the Buxton Road. They take tents and caravans.
Hi dusty, looked on the uk camping website but it has a big red X thru the tent so looks like tents not allowed.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As someone said it may be as well to have a word with your chosen site. We are going to Lickpenny in Derbyshire this weekend and they stipulate no tents. After talking to them and explaining we are taking our daughters boyfriend with us who need a seperate pup tent they were very obliging and said there was no problem. Also seen tents with caravans at Strid wood cc near Harrogate.

caroline

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Simon, I have just checked on the Camping & Caravan Club web site and Blackshaw Moor shows as taking caravans, motor caravans, tents and trailer tents. you could confirm this by 'phoning them on 01538 300285.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Simon, you do seem to be confusing the two clubs somewhat! If you want one that takes tents, you will have to go for the one that has the word 'camping' in its title.

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Simon, you do seem to be confusing the two clubs somewhat! If you want one that takes tents, you will have to go for the one that has the word 'camping' in its title.
Chrissie, i'm a member of the CC due to owning a caravan, my sister is just gettng into camping with a tent and thought i'd ask the question on this website, being new to the whole caravaning thing it never occurred to me that not having campimg in the title of the club meant no tents are on there sites . i spoke to the warden at Grin Low who said " no problem tents are fine" so i have the info i was after but thanks for the wise words.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts