Mobile caravan tyre fitters

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi we are looking to replace the tyres on our caravan in the new year. We are looking for a mobile tyre fitter in the north west area. Just wondered if any of you forum members could recommend one and what price are we looking at for new tyres. When we had the van serviced the company quoted a £100 each is this about the norm or too expensive ?
Thanks in advance

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Any mobile tyre fitter should be able to source the tyres and fit them - BUT - make just they know both the size and Load Rating - and check them both after fitting!

Have the tyres balanced - it vibrates the caravan far less!

Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
I have just had two tyres fitted (Continental Vanco) to our caravan. We used Etyres. Booked on line.
He came to our storage compound at our chosen date/time. Took him about 50minutes. They were cheaper than the conventional tyre shops & I didn't have to do anything.
brilliant service.

Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
The total cost was £150.00(exactly) This included new valves & balance. I could have got cheaper tyres from them (same specs). but I wanted Continentals. If you log on to their website and put your sizes in, a list of all of their tyres is shown.

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for that I know it depends on the specs of tyre but that sounds reasonable for two continental tyres fitted, will get the exact tyre specs and give etyres a try

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Whilst mobile fitters are well priced I have found their balancing not so good.
The last guy had a hand turned balancing machine which wasn't very good.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We used Kwik Fit and the service was excellent, admittedly we were refitting new tyres and tyrons to new wheels so did not buy the tyres from them even so, they arrived at the agreed time and the mobile workshop was very clean and well fitted out.

Feb 6, 2009
Visit site
Just another report from a satisfied customer of etyres...
They came to my home, jacked up the van ( correctly!) and the tyres were replaced, balanced, new valves etc.,( and they used the correct type pressure without asking!)

The cost was about £140for the two tyres, inclusive of VAT and an extra cost of £10 for refitting the Tyron bands (and they had the correct Tyron tool and didn't have to borrow mine!)
Usual disclaimers.... I'm just a satisfied customer
Regards
paws

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We used E Tyres last year for new 14" caravan tyres. Excellent service, tyres fitted at the storage site. Cannot find invoice but it was just under £150.

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
Anyone having new tyres fitted by a mobile fitter or workshop, must read the date of manufacture which is stated on the tyrewall. A mobile fitter came out to fit two new tyres on our caravan and we checked the date on the sidewall before he fitted them and they were already 3yrs old and we rejected them on the spot!
We took our tyres off and took them to a local tyre fitter ourselves, who fitted tyres made much more recently and for less cost too. So don't dismiss getting your local tyre fitter to do the job.
As said previously, make sure they are also rated for a caravan - very important.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Sproket said:
Please remember to re-check the wheel nuts with a torque wrench prior to setting off from storage, and a further half hour into your journey, you wouldn't want a wheel to come off .....

Excellent advice that in my book is mandatory.
I lost a wheel off the Sorie in Scotland back in 2006. New tyres all round by E tyres. Their invoice said re torque after 50 miles. I didn't. I emphasise I watched them correctly torqued at fitting.
Sproket's advice is very important.

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I also used E-tyres to replace a fatally damaged (almost new) tyre. Couldn't find the identical spec online, so phoned them late afternoon instead. Very efficient - they quoted me within 30 seconds for exactly what I needed, then asked if 9.30 the following morning would suit for fitting. Fitter not only changed and balanced the wheel, but made me watch it being torqued and pressure checked (had to sign to say I'd seen it done and knew about rechecking after 50 miles)- then he did the pressure and torque on the other side wheel just to be helpful!

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Might sound like a daft question but should we be re-torquing after every 50 miles? --- If not why not? -- How do you know it's the final torque? (Just a thought!)

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Gabsgrandad said:
Might sound like a daft question but should we be re-torquing after every 50 miles? --- If not why not? -- How do you know it's the final torque? (Just a thought!)
The initial torquing is done when the wheel it re-fitted - it may settle and move microscopically over the next 50 miles which might, just might, alter the tightness of their fixing - so re-torquing after 50 miles takes care of any movement.

Further movement after the first 50 miles is considered unlikely.

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
Kwik-Fit or Hi-Q do mobile fitting - just go to their web site(s) and book it.

Take care to make sure (a) you have the right size and speed rating, (b) that if required the tyres are reinforced and/or heavy duty, and (c) if Tire-On bands are fitted you MUST tell them. If have Maxxis on mine and they are superb.

Note that if there is leak sealing fluid inside the tyre (as my Bailey Peg 462 has had from new) they will not be able to balance them without removing the fluid.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts