Mobile Phones

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Looking for advice, and do other owners suffer the problems That I seem to be experiencing.
I have recently changed to Vodaphone mainly because of reception . Its a pay as you go, recently started getting nuisance txs from credit loan company.
Found at that I could not block the txs,purchased a new Sim card registered it last evening so far I have received a 2 Txs from Insurance company for Accident claims, as yet I have to make a call, with my new number.
Is this a common pratice with mobiles to have these calls , I need my phone on 24/7 for domestic reasons, very frustrating to receive these calls at 3.30 am .

Royston

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Like you i have a Vodaphone mobile for work for the last 3 years and have started getting these Text messages in the last 3-4 weeks and i agree they are a pain. the company is getting onto them to see if they can be barred, but at the moment it don't look good. I also use a T Mobile and an Orange phone and never get any of these Text,s.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the info, since I inputted my enquiry I have received 4 very load phone calls all 0800 numbers, cannot get my local Vodaphone shop telly number , so its a trip up town to sort something out.
Royston

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I received a similar text on my Orange PAYG last week telling me my “claim has been successful” and I am due £36,000. It gave me the option to text “STOP” if I didn’t want any more messages. It begs the questions:

How have I won a claim I’ve never made?
Why would a genuine claimant text “stop” and deprive themselves of a large amount of money?
How much will it cost me to send the “stop” text? Premium number I wonder?

I just deleted it and so far have had no more.
smiley-frown.gif

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Think yourself lucky, I've been stalked by 'ladies of the night - the telephone version' offering me all sorts....
smiley-embarassed.gif
smiley-surprised.gif

Lisa

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Had the you are due £3750 compensation,I just delete them certainly wouldnt try to stop them with a text,let them waste their money.I thought they were autodialled texts but who knows.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
My Orange phone keeps texting "too many msgs", though all my boxes are empty. I've asked in three phone shops, but no-one else appears to haveseen this message. I get them two or three times an hour, and it's now getting a bit wearing! Any ideas?

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Yep, you definitely need to phone Orange and there technical team, really wouldn't bother with the sales rep shops. Waste of time.

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
An article on these texts recently reckoned that 2.9 billion were sent last year and 1 out of a 100 were replied to at a cost of £15 each.(approx)

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Spoke to Orange yesterday (eventually, and at great cost!) to be told that the network is automatically trying to update my simcard, but it cannot do it, as the card is too old!
So I started to count up, and realised that the card has been in three phones. The first one I bought when Herself retired, and that was in 1993.......................................!
Perhaps they have a point! They're sending me a new card, foc.

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps this problem of so many getting these text are down to older cards? "great cost" dont they have a free number? t mobile you just but in 150 on your mobile, i would mention the cost to them, they might/hell should give you some free monies for phone use, as clearly you are a long standing member.
Sending you a new sim card foc, you almost make that sound as they are doing you a favour emmerson, clearly you are not as tight as you make out......

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
JonnyG, after about five minutes on my landline, I did complain about the cost, and they then rang me back.
I told them I was worried about losing all my phonebook, but he said that if I take old and new card to an Orange dealer, they will tranfer it all foc. Watch this space!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well the cost of talking to Vodaphone help line is 25p per call, My new sim card cost me £5 pound which included £5 pound credit, but heres the catch , it might be a new sim card , but they recycle numbers that have not been used for some time, my new number is one of these, thankgoodness, for two days recived no Txs from abroad, I made the mistake of not taking down the txs and phone nos that called me, just erased them before i could be contaminated.Any future Tx I have been advise to record the Numbers and advise Vodaphone who will track them to see were they come from.
As yet i have not used the phone,( Its for emergency use only) cant beat the Vodaphone reception in the regional areas, still using my T mobile phone for daily use never ever had any illegal tx or phone calls for the past two years that I have owned it.( but the reception in parts of scotland is nil hence the emergency phone where I have yet not been able to receive a signal)
Royston

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Royston. I assume you know that T mobile now owns Orange" and T mobile users can actively add the Orange transmitters to their T mobile ones, FOC? So as to improve reception as it will lock onto the better one be it T mobile or Orange.
Still might not be that much better in say Scotland but must be better than it was before

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just spotted this thread,
We used to have Virgin PAYG mobiles, great services, but rotten reception where I live. Virgin are piggy backed onto the T mobile network. Having got fed up of leaving home and half a mile down the road receiveing messages that could not get through at home I deceided to change netweorks.

I was noted that friends could receive good signal atmy home, and discovered that they were using Vodaphone. I did some further research and found that ASDA mobile uses the Vodaphone network, and thier PAYG rates are also very good.

It great to now be able to make and receive calls and messages at home,and so far no annoying spam texts.

Its worth looking at some of the supermarket deals.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the tip, we actually shop at Asda so will check out the mobile pay as you go..
We were staying at Troutbeck head , and the lady from the next van to ours came back complaing that she had to climb the steep hill (site is in a hollow) to get a signal where we could ring family sitting in the caravan.

Jan 12, 2007
Visit site
just between us........wink wink.................tesco mobile use the o2 network
i dont seem to have any problems with unwanted texts maybe because im on a contract

hgv dave

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts