MobileTV

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Has anyone got a "MobileTv" branded television as I would like to know if they can get acceptable digital reception?

My new Hymer came with one of these fitted as standard but its performance on "digital" is indescribably poor.

In most places it can't tune into any signals, where it can it can't generally form a non pixilated picture, and any digital picture it does get is depleted of contrast.

However on analogue it works tolerable well so is its performance using composite video from the caravans DVD unit.

I have experimented taking my "Pace" digibox and using this via the MobileTv's scart, I then receive cracking good pictures where the TV's tuner gets nowhere. I have also taken my domestic SONY and this works fine so both these experiments indicated that the aerial system is not to blame.

So the MobileTv's digital tuner in mine is substandard or the design itself is; I would like to know other peoples findings please.

Cheers John

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Hi John. We have a Mobile TV and get super reception on both analogue and digital transmissions. Our van is on a permanent (seasonal) pitch in N Yorkshire so I don't know about any other areas. We have a Satus 530 aerial if that's any help. Bill

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Bill,

Thanks for your response; from what your saying it appears my particular one has a faulty digital tuner. I could not believe they would be able to market units that perform as poorly as this one and still be in business. So its back to the dealer.

Aerial is the Status 530 the same as yours and as I fitted in the previous van; I have no issues with that, it is a good bit of kit.

Thanks John

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Hi

have you checked all the connectors are plugged in correctly.

We had poor reception on a new van and when I checked all the connection they were the wrong way round on the booster box.

Sorry not tekkie enough about these things but worth checking that the aerial set up is correct.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts