Mobility Scooters

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I can remember visiting Plymouth once and using my scooter on the cobbled roads around the dock area. Unfortunately with the cobbles shaking the scooter it decided to pack it in and OH had to push the scooter back to the car.
When lifting it into the car I remembered a reset button and pressed it and lol and behold the scooter was working again. I was not popular! :D

Reactions: WayneS and Parksy
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
One day taking my Go GO elite Traveller Plus with my two dogs to the park at 5am i have go over a grill well the scooter stop end up pushing it then i remember there a button on it somewhere and worked again did not go back that way

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Bought my wife a scooter was heavy to put in the back of a Discovery purchased a second hand winch that you could swing out the back door lift the scooter and swing inside the motor. My latest car a Mondeo estate got a boot protector slip it over the back lift the 2 front wheels on the lift from the backend and push in straight. Only had to fold the handle down it still being in one piece. Will be selling this scooter as wife passed away beginning of the year, I don't need one yet so someone else can have the benefit of its use.

Trevor

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Sorry to learn of your sad loss Trevor.
I tried self folding mobility scooter and I found pros and cons for anyone thinking of buying one.
In its favour, there is no fading about putting it together, it can be wheeled like a suitcase to the car, it's not difficult to lift in and out of the car boot, and in use it's highly manoeuverable.
The cons are that it's very small so anyone over 5'5" would have difficulty in using it.
Care must be taken, especially when discounting, because the scooter could easily tip over, especially if the front wheels are not pointing straight ahead.
The lithium battery is incorporated into the scooter, so if charging indoors the battery cannot be taken in separately.

The auto fold mobility scooter is fine on smooth surfaces such as shopping centres and supermarkets, but I wouldn't depend on it if moving over rough uneven ground or cobbles.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I tried self folding mobility scooter and I found pros and cons for anyone thinking of buying one.
In its favour, there is no fading about putting it together, it can be wheeled like a suitcase to the car, it's not difficult to lift in and out of the car boot, and in use it's highly manoeuverable.
The cons are that it's very small so anyone over 5'5" would have difficulty in using it.
Care must be taken, especially when discounting, because the scooter could easily tip over, especially if the front wheels are not pointing straight ahead.
The lithium battery is incorporated into the scooter, so if charging indoors the battery cannot be taken in separately.

The auto fold mobility scooter is fine on smooth surfaces such as shopping centres and supermarkets, but I wouldn't depend on it if moving over rough uneven ground or cobbles.
Hi Parksy The self folding scooter would not me suit me because I am a Foot Bigger but I hope it Advantageous for you (y)

Reactions: Parksy

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I don't get offered the blanket, my local isn't that posh, but they usually offer to carry my drinks over to our table in case I spill it everywhere.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I don't get offered the blanket, my local isn't that posh, but they usually offer to carry my drinks over to our table in case I spill it everywhere.
When we get together again, the barman always askes where are the other 5 people. Think about it. !!,
Looks like Twinwoods on for you. 👍

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
When we get together again, the barman always askes where are the other 5 people. Think about it. !!,
Looks like Twinwoods on for you. 👍
I rarely drink alcohol these days Hutch. 😢
I haven't been to the pub since they reopened to customers sitting outside, type 2 diabetes has made me severely curtail my alcohol consumption and it's too cold to sit about outside.
Still on for the Woosiefest though and recent emails strongly suggest that Twinwood is on this year 👍

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I rarely drink alcohol these days Hutch. 😢
I haven't been to the pub since they reopened to customers sitting outside, type 2 diabetes has made me severely curtail my alcohol consumption and it's too cold to sit about outside.
Still on for the Woosiefest though and recent emails strongly suggest that Twinwood is on this year 👍
Hi Parksy I hope you have a great time at Twinwood this year (y)

May 24, 2014
Visit site
This thread has actually got me thinking another angle. The use of these machines obviously implies mobility problems but caravans with narrow doors and high steps must be the most mobility unfriendly things around. Narrow inside, no room to turn, so how much is available to make caravans easier.

Reactions: Robert_374373903
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site

How are you getting on my your new scooter?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
How are you getting on my your new scooter?
The positives:
It's easy to lift in and out of the car which matters for me, it cuts down on the time it takes for me to get round a supermarket and I don't have to fold it or take it to pieces when I've finished using it.
The battery capacity is more than adequate for a couple of shopping trips.
The negatives:
The battery isn't removable for charging, care has to be taken when getting on and off because it could tip over, and it's not practicable to carry shopping on board (no basket).
Shopping has to be a two person job.
It's best not to keep the fob in your pocket because the scooter could unfold while in the car boot if the button is inadvertently pressed.

Reactions: JezzerB
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
The positives:
It's easy to lift in and out of the car which matters for me, it cuts down on the time it takes for me to get round a supermarket and I don't have to fold it or take it to pieces when I've finished using it.
The battery capacity is more than adequate for a couple of shopping trips.
The negatives:
The battery isn't removable for charging, care has to be taken when getting on and off because it could tip over, and it's not practicable to carry shopping on board (no basket).
Shopping has to be a two person job.
It's best not to keep the fob in your pocket because the scooter could unfold while in the car boot if the button is inadvertently pressed.
Hi Parksy the new mobility scooter suit your needs and it very handy for getting around supermarkets as well .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts