MODDY PLEASE NOTE

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Why isnt it possible for the techies to put up a list of all the forum members nics and give us the option of right clicking a nic we dont want to read, its called an Ignore tool in other forums. Maybe then peace will reign. I realise that it is human inquisitiveness to see all posts but at least the moaners cant complain about someone because they have the option of ignoring the "offender". The most sensible post I have read in here is the following :-

Mervyn

9 Oct 2005 10:13 PM I cannot understand some of the so called problems with this site. Whenever a question is asked sensible replies are given. The not so sensible are also given but so what? All you have to do is ignore them if you want to. Some of the questions asked dont interest me for various reasons so I just scroll through and ignore anything that I dont want to read. Why do some get wound up by it all?

but some choose to read ALL posts, including Kangas, knowing it will be controversial and then complain about it. p.s. Hope you dont delete this post Moddy :O(

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
The suggestion to have an 'ignore' user option is very good. The problem at the moment is that the present engine cannot be altered very much as it also drives other Haymarket publication forums. I've been promised that a new forum engine is planned. I'll pass your suggestion on to the relevant guys.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Instead of calling it an ignore button, which quite frankly sounds anti social, can we call it the "naughty step" button, which sounds a lot more in tune with present day posts?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Instead of an ignore button why not have a Smith & Weston pointing out of the screen and with one zap - the mind boggles but it would sort the genuine out of the chaff. At the moment I can't think of a better idea - perhaps you may have a better suggestion.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
The suggestion to have an 'ignore' user option is very good. The problem at the moment is that the present engine cannot be altered very much as it also drives other Haymarket publication forums. I've been promised that a new forum engine is planned. I'll pass your suggestion on to the relevant guys.
Thank you your Moddyship :O)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I dont know why this particular caravan related forum is plagued with the types who seem to bore or anoy other members .I visit a few other similar sites and they dont seem to suffer from this .Personaly i enjoy most of the contributions and the bits that drivel on i ignore Coljac

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Coljac, its all down to human inquisitiveness or nosiness if thats a better way of putting it. Some people cannot ignore the likes of Kanga or Dave because they would have nothing to grumble about if they did and I believe thats why Kanga posts what he does, just to wind them up. The nics are there for all to see at the top of the posting so there is no excuse for reading it then moaning. They need to learn to ignore posts from controversial types (hope that doesn't include moi, the saintly type that I am) until a better system is in operation.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Instead of calling it an ignore button, which quite frankly sounds anti social, can we call it the "naughty step" button, which sounds a lot more in tune with present day posts?
oops I forgot all about being politically correct Lol, ty heheh!

TRENDING THREADS