Modern Hisory Test

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
How Soon We Forget . Please pause a moment, reflect back, and take the following multiple choice test. (The events are actual cuts from past history. They actually happened! Do you remember?)

1. In 1972 at the Munich Olympics, athletes were kidnapped and massacred by:

a. Olga Corbitt

b. Sitting Bull

c. Arnold Schwarzenegger

d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

2. In 1979, the U.S. embassy in Iran was taken over by:

a. Lost Norwegians

b. Elvis

c. A tour bus full of 80-year-old women

d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40.

3. During the 1980's a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by:

a. John Dillinger

b. The King of Sweden

c. The Boy Scouts

4. In 1983, the U.S. Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by:

a. A pizza delivery boy

b. Pee Wee Herman

c. Kylie Minoque

5. In 1985 the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked and a 70 year old American passenger was murdered and thrown overboard in his wheelchair by:

a. The Smurfs

b. Davy Jones & The Monkees

c. The Little Mermaid

6. In 1985 TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens, and a U.S. Navy diver trying to rescue passengers was murdered by:

a. Captain Kid

b. Charles Lindberg

c. Mother Teresa

7. In 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by:

a. Scooby Doo

b. The Tooth Fairy

c. Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid

8. In 1993 the World Trade Center was bombed the first time by:

a. Meatloaf

b. Grandma Moses

c. Michael Jordan

9. In 1998, the U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by:

a. Tarzan

b. Hillary Clinton (to distract attention from Wild Bill' s women problems)

c. The World Wrestling Federation

10. On 11 September 2001 four airliners were hijacked; two were used as missiles to take out the World Trade Centers and of the remaining two, one crashed into the US Pentagon and the other was diverted to a crash by the passengers. Thousands of people were killed by:

a. Bugs Bunny, Wiley E. Coyote, Daffy Duck and Elmer Fudd

b. The Supreme Court of Florida

c. Mr. Bean

11. In 2002 the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against:

a. Lawrence of Arabia

b. The Lutheran Church

c. The NFL

12. In 2002 reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and murdered by:

a. Bonny and Clyde

b. Ned Kelly

c. Billy Graham

13. In 2002 the Sari Nightclub in Kuta Beach, Bali, was blown up killing 189 young mainly Australian tourists by:

a . The "Bundy" Polar Bear

b. Ho Chi Minh

c. Paul Keating

14. In July 2004, three London Underground trains and one London Bus were suicide bombed by:

a. The Spice girls

b. The Beatles

c. The Four Tops

d. 4 'British' Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

Nope, .........I really don't see a pattern here to justify profiling, do you? So, to ensure democratic western Christian civilisation never offends anyone - particularly fanatics intent on killing us - airport security screeners will no longer be allowed to profile (or target)certain people. They must only conduct random searches of 80-year-oldwomen, people in wheelchairs, little kids, airline pilots with proper identification, Secret Service agents who are members of the U.S.President's security detail, 85-year old World War II veterans with metal hips, and Boy Scout

groups. They must never "target" a turbanwearing 17 to 40 year old male who appears to have a suspicious package tied around his body. This would be unjustified discrimination

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
VERY Well done Graham - there is nothing like humour and irony to get such an important message accross.

I hate discrimination of any kind - but this nonsence of "not offending" is politically correctness at its very worst. We have to be realistic, not put our head in the sand.

Mar 22, 2006
Visit site
Thin end of the wedge.

Predjuice means to pre judge. It is not wrong to impose security measures, it is however wrong to make assumptions based on "profiling". I think that I remember from my history classes that "the jews" as a whole were percieved as a problem in the 30's buy some people. We all know what those blanket judgments led to. By all means be careful, but DO NOT assume the moral right to condem whole factions of our community.

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Thin end of the wedge.

Predjuice means to pre judge. It is not wrong to impose security measures, it is however wrong to make assumptions based on "profiling". I think that I remember from my history classes that "the jews" as a whole were percieved as a problem in the 30's buy some people. We all know what those blanket judgments led to. By all means be careful, but DO NOT assume the moral right to condem whole factions of our community.
In very recent history Jews are perceived still to be a problem by some people.

Young muslim males aged between 15 and 30 !!!!

Val & Frank

Aug 7, 2006
Visit site
Come on, grow up you lot. Whilst it may not be "right" to prejudge and have suspicions about certain groups it is most certainly sensible in these troubled times. It also tends to promote good housekeeping and control certain members of your "family" if innocent members keep getting hassled.

Rod.

G

We are profiled from birth. The social services people who visit new mums profile you as do the NHS , Schools , Banks , Employers and even retailers using details gained from loyalty and credit cards. You are even profiled from data on where you live and your post code.

If armed hooded youths mug people, you can bet the police will be stopping and searching - 1, old ladies , 2 middle aged business men or 3, Hooded youths.

The mistake is admitting that you are profiling and targetting a sector of society. I've been stopped 3 times in Spain in my Car on routine type checks, I was told there is a trade in stolen quality cars between UK and Spain.

It's an inconvenience but understandable, when lives are being lost surely the peace loving majority of a profiled sector should welcome the attention to root out potential evil in their midst and if you are innocent what have you to worry about.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As I say - I hate prejudice of any sort.

But for goodness sake John! - if my house was being eaten by termites would it be sensible to keep checking that the dogs/cats/cattle/other wildlife was not to blame?

No it would not.

You irradiate the termites in your house to protect what is yours.

This is not persecution of ALL termites - just those causing the problem.

And if anyone thinks that all (add whatever religion you choose) are the same - just look at the news this morning. A Jordanian Policeman, despite being shot twice himself, brought down one of these fanatics after he had shot and killed a UK Tourist.

The report also said that other local people brought the fanatic down.

The problem we have is NOT about religion it is about a small group of idiots so off wack that they believe that only they are right and everybody else is wrong. And if you do not agree with them you can be shot/killed because you are an "unbeliever" and therefore worthless.

The only good thing about these bizarre religious cults is that after a while they "rot" from the inside as "followers" come to realise that such extreme action was never what (any) religion is about.

Christianity has had its moments - just look at the Spanish Inquisition.

Arrghhh! - Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisiti..........

Jul 18, 2006
Visit site
I agree with Rod.

As this is sort of on topic, I will mention the recent problems on UK to US flights.

I was in the US when it all "hit off" and flew back on the Saturday (after it happened on the Wed/Thurs). My flight was 2 hours late leaving (mainly because it was a turn-around flight, and it was late leaving the UK) was I bothered NO. The flight that left on the day before (Fri) was 8 hours late leaving, and I suspect as inconvinient as it was, it was better to be safe than sorry.

My point is, I was searched, as was everyone, was I bothered, NO. Was I a "Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40" NO, but it could be an ideal opportunity for someone who was a terrorist that didn't fit into that profile to "do their stuff" so to speak.

If it means I can travel safely, bring on the sacurity checks.

I am I offended by this joke also, NO. I have wha is refered to as a "sense of humour". I don't consider it predujiced, just a joke.

If I shouted abuse to someone to their face and threatened them, that is racism/prejudice call it what you will.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As I say - I hate prejudice of any sort.

But for goodness sake John! - if my house was being eaten by termites would it be sensible to keep checking that the dogs/cats/cattle/other wildlife was not to blame?

No it would not.

You irradiate the termites in your house to protect what is yours.

This is not persecution of ALL termites - just those causing the problem.

And if anyone thinks that all (add whatever religion you choose) are the same - just look at the news this morning. A Jordanian Policeman, despite being shot twice himself, brought down one of these fanatics after he had shot and killed a UK Tourist.

The report also said that other local people brought the fanatic down.

The problem we have is NOT about religion it is about a small group of idiots so off wack that they believe that only they are right and everybody else is wrong. And if you do not agree with them you can be shot/killed because you are an "unbeliever" and therefore worthless.

The only good thing about these bizarre religious cults is that after a while they "rot" from the inside as "followers" come to realise that such extreme action was never what (any) religion is about.

Christianity has had its moments - just look at the Spanish Inquisition.

Arrghhh! - Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisiti..........
This topic is titled modern history

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts