Mondeo TDCI 115 or 130ps

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
We are thinking of buying a mondeo 02 plate. What difference would it make to towing if we bought the 115 rather than the 130? We only currently have a small van but you never know what will happen next year if I can persuade the other half!!Any advice would be graetly appreciated. Thanks

Aug 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi Susan, we have owned a mondeo ghia x 02 plate estate for 2 years now it is a 130 but our caravan weighs 1400 a bailey pageant vendee. It tows like a train and is as solid as a rock going up hills i sometimes forget i am in 5th gear, i get about 36 to the gallon towing. My only problem is she doesnt like wet grass, fine in the mud but it wheel spins on wet grass [ with the caravan on]. If its any help my father has a passat 115 and it towed our caravan fine. Mark

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I've had an 02 plate Mondeo LX estate (TDCi 130) from new and its been a fantastic towcar. Only complaint is as Mark has said, wheelspin! I tow a 1465kg Sterling Eccles Jewel and it is great. As the 130 version doesn't cost much more, I would go for the 130.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Susan

Go for the 130bhp. (A colleague of mine has the same model, same year and I use it sometimes but at 115bhp you can certainly tell the difference between the two). I bought my 2L TDCi Zetec last October. It's certainly got poke, excellent work horse, plenty of torque. Pulls up the steepest of hills, economical on diesel. Plenty of room in the boot. Go for a hatchback as you have better access to the boot. The only downside is the interior fabric looks cheap and the front seats arn't 100% comfortable. I had low profiles (better for towing) and mega alloys fitted on mine. Watch your speed though, if you put your foot down make sure you don't get caught speeding like I did the other week.

Regards

Lisa.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I will second the uncomfortable seats!!!! I drive to Dijon in France four times a year on business and at the end of the journey I need an osteopath!!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Susan, We tow with a mondeo 2L.ghia x. 130. Pulls effortlessy but our seats are comfy.

I'm only 5'2" so moving the seats are easy and it is really good for my back. The only thing is I have a block on the clutch to get a safer distance away from the steering wheel. But that happens on all cars!!!! They don't listen to women, when are we going to get adjustable peddles.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts