MONDEO V X TYPE JAG==JUSTIFY THE EXTRA ú0000

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
which is the best car to buy to pull my elddis caravan.

having test drove both cars there is little to choose between them except price.can i justify another 7k for a jag that is really a mondeo in disguise.same chassis i"m told with same engine.

i it really a image problem having a mondeo.the jag looks great and the jag dealer certainily was more accomadating to let me test drive

would appriciate your answers

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Well Dave, you've already said it. An X type is realy an over-dressed Mondaeno.

I'm one who has been fortunate enough to of driven the MK11 Jag (inspector morse) which old Henry Ford has copied and brought to modern day, supposedly. At nearly two tons and with a 2.4/3.4 and 3.8 litre straight six double over head cam motor these were true power machines. No wonder the villans wanted one.

If you realy want Jag class, why not go for an XJR X350, this is the last of the XJ saloon Jags. With an all aluminium body and choice of 3.2/4.0 litre engine options your sure of towing even the biggest vans. Fuel consumption isn't too drastic, you can get 30 on a run solo and with all that torque, you only drop a few MPG towing.

Steve.

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
Dave,

At the risk of sounding obvious the Mondeo is a highly rated towcar- unless you are smitten by the gentlemans club interior - the only reason for going for the Jag would be a 4x4 version which would tow better than FWD.

The X type diesel comes with 4WD as standard and should be comparable or better than a BMW 3 Series as a towcar and better than the standard Mondeo but is it worth paying so much extra money?

The CC mag tested an X type Estate a few issues back - remember it being rated higher than average but don't think the Estate has a 4wd option.

May 18, 2006
Visit site
It depends what you want, a Mondeo or Jag. I think I know which one I would rather have! Yes the Jag has the same chassis and engine as the Mondeo, but the rest is still Jaguar. I have been in both and they drive about the same, but no one gives the Mondeo a second look but they do with the Jag.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts