Most expensive caravan pitch

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Just return from a 10 week trip to Italy, On the way back we stayed for 3 nights at TCS Camping Lugano on the north shore of the lake. I was amazed when I went to pay the bill on departure. Total cost for 3 nights when converted to sterling.£148.50. This for a standard pitch with electric. They even charged £6.60 because I rang to make a reservation. Takes some beating. .Can anyone ?

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
The prices are on their web site, high season €74 a night for two adults.
Steep I must say, but not hidden, so if you don't want to pay their prices, don't go there.

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Had a similar experience some time ago at Desenzano del Garda - traveling with my GS1200 motorcycle and a tiny Terra-Nova tent - was told by the proprietor to pitch and come back and pay when settled - was quoted something like 40€ per night - I swiftly dismantled the tent and moved elsewhere - don't think Petera didn't particularly want to pay - he was merely pointing out how expensive rates are in this popular part of Italy

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
thosoneill said:
Had a similar experience some time ago at Desenzano del Garda - traveling with my GS1200 motorcycle and a tiny Terra-Nova tent - was told by the proprietor to pitch and come back and pay when settled - was quoted something like 40€ per night - I swiftly dismantled the tent and moved elsewhere - don't think Petera didn't particularly want to pay - he was merely pointing out how expensive rates are in this popular part of Italy

As I can and do holiday outside the school holiday period, I use Camping Cheques. £14.95 a night at Camping San Franseco At Desenzano. makes for a cheap holiday.

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
we also stayed on SanFrancesco using camping cheques back in 2012, at that time it was £12.95 per night.
But on the point of high priced sites if you travel in high season you pay through the nose where ever you are, but don't forget on the continent the last week in August can be low season in a lot of areas as their school holidays are already over by then.
I also always use camping cheques and acsi all the time when abroad.
I also use then in this country especially in Cornwall as the savings are great.
Shop around on their websites to get the best deals.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts