MOT Reminder Service

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
little one getting done on wednesday ! :unsure: , and I've signed up for the alert for the big car as i didn't have a clue when it was due with it been nearly new last year when we got it so thanks Damian for that heads up . :)

Craig .

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Craig
You just need to google ''has my car got an mot'' and when the gov site pops up enter your registration and the mot history of the vehicle is available

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi woosie boy, thank you for that but with just getting the other one last year and it being nearly new I wasn't too sure . I didn't know about that bit you just said but thank you anyway.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I’ve registered mine and the other half’s cars for the reminder which will be useful because I have to admit to forgetting mine pretty much every year and came to tax it the one occasion and mot was 7 weeks overdue, there’s also a really good app that I use for work but can also be fun to use at times which tells you when mot and tax is due, it’s called MYCARCHECK don’t know if can get it for android but it’s available for iPhones if you get the right one it’s a yellow icon with a car outline forming a sort of smiley face, working on cars for a living I often come across cars with private plates and entering the reg gives you Year first registered and engine size, mot and tax details and quite often a valuation, can be fun entering reg numbers of cars on tv/films and seeing if they are using genuine vehicles for the period.

BP

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
woodsieboy said:
You just need to google ''has my car got an mot''
But I'd still need a reminder to do that :lol:

Anyway, my regular MoT garage phones me up several times asking me to make an appointment, starting with about 2 months to go (when I tell them to get lost FTTB). They must be desparate for work.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
And my little one has passed ! nerve wracking morning but I'm happy now looked at MoT from last year & I've done 2oo7 miles and that's it in one year !! :) :) :) :) :)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
thomas_374576025 said:
hi its alright signing with d.v.l.a as long they wont sell your data cheers .tom
y

As the driver/keeper of a car DVSA already hold everything relevant to their role, and have access to the MIB database and Passport Office database. They do sell information relating to parking offences, and supply information to overseas authorities where a motoring offence may be involved. So registering for an MoT reminder just draws in data already held including your email address if you tax your car online.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
waffler said:
Honestjohn.co.uk will also remind you of MOT, tax and insurance.
So will your smartphone, diary or wall calendar. All you need to do is input a date before tax/mot/insurance expire and it’s there in front of you. It’s not rocket science. They will do birthdays, anniversaries etc which neither DVSA or Honest John will do.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
otherclive said:
waffler said:
So will your smartphone, diary or wall calendar. All you need to do is input a date before tax/mot/insurance expire and it’s there in front of you. It’s not rocket science. They will do birthdays, anniversaries etc which neither DVSA or Honest John will do.

Clive ,
My point was i didn't have a date to put on the calender due to the car being new and it being its 1st test !

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
otherclive said:
waffler said:

Clive ,
My point was i didn't have a date to put on the calender due to the car being new and it being its 1st test !

Craig
Oh the problems of new car or nearly new car ownership. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts