Moto Tamworth

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Agreed. The reclamation shows just what can be achieved. Again its too close to home for us ever to use the site but i am familiar with it.

Reactions: otherclive
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Thingy just an overnight stop on the way to Yorkshire as with the long lay off I wanted to feel okay rather than crack 280 miles in a day. As it was the traffic was light but not sure I’m comfortable with the four lane no hard shoulder running south of Brum and the on M1. Stuck to inside ready for action if required. 🤞

Been walking around the lake and country park paths, sitting enjoying the sun and had freshly cooked pizza from the Sherwood Forest pizza van.
Chesterfield have done an amazing job on reclaiming the old colliery area, it’s quite beautiful with all of the trees and lakes. The accessibility
to those of limited mobility has been given a lot of attention too. We could happily return and use it as a touring base.

View attachment 1565
A lovely picture enjoy

Feb 16, 2020
Visit site
If you cannot reverse the caravan, then you should not be towing it.
I think there is a servise area on the M4 where you have to reverse blind out into the traffic. Totally stupid.
That would be Menbury. Bays are also quite short if you have a long outfit you have to put your front wheels on the grass to stop the rear sticking out into the road.

Reactions: Hutch
Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Rather than stop at the Tamworth Moto services, leave at the same exit and follow the A5 dual carriageway westbound for about 3 miles. Exit at the slip road signed Tamworth A51. You come immediately to Ventura Retail Park, which has Asda and Sainsbury's supermarkets, M&S and several other cafes & restaurants (KFC, Nandos etc). The car park at Asda in particular is huge and has no height or width restrictions, and you should easily be able to park your caravan at the far end. Fuel is cheap there too!

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Rather than stop at the Tamworth Moto services, leave at the same exit and follow the A5 dual carriageway westbound for about 3 miles. Exit at the slip road signed Tamworth A51. You come immediately to Ventura Retail Park, which has Asda and Sainsbury's supermarkets, M&S and several other cafes & restaurants (KFC, Nandos etc). The car park at Asda in particular is huge and has no height or width restrictions, and you should easily be able to park your caravan at the far end. Fuel is cheap there too!
I have use a Asda carpark myself with caravan with no problems

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I have use a Asda carpark myself with caravan with no problems
Staying overnight at Poolsbrook Country Park CMHC. Site managers have given us a pitch near to the gate so I can take the dogs off site quickly when nature calls. And believe you me it’s been calling regularly for them since we left home two weeks ago. Makes for a “ fraught” trip home. But on a separate drift the local fuel stop and associated Macdonalds, KFC and Marstons pub want me to Shell out 148.9 per litre for petrol. So for the first time ever I will be filling up at a Morrison’s in Staveley at something a lot cheaper. Hope it works 🤭

PS not the first timevatvMorrison’s Staveley. The first time ever at a Morrison’s. I rarely if ever use supermarket fuels apart from abroad. Strangle little ways I guess.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Staying overnight at Poolsbrook Country Park CMHC. Site managers have given us a pitch near to the gate so I can take the dogs off site quickly when nature calls. And believe you me it’s been calling regularly for them since we left home two weeks ago. Makes for a “ fraught” trip home. But on a separate drift the local fuel stop and associated Macdonalds, KFC and Marstons pub want me to Shell out 148.9 per litre for petrol. So for the first time ever I will be filling up at a Morrison’s in Staveley at something a lot cheaper. Hope it works 🤭

PS not the first timevatvMorrison’s Staveley. The first time ever at a Morrison’s. I rarely if ever use supermarket fuels apart from abroad. Strangle little ways I guess.

Strewth it’s even gone up by another pence per litre. 149.9. I hope HMGs stated intention to level up doesn’t mean we will all be looking forwards to such prices !!! Such was the saving at Morrison’s we could afford to eat out. (( Macdonalds). 😂

D47434EE-F07F-47B6-ABFF-5B51991F832B.jpeg

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We have the Esso fuel card via the CAMC and although there is a saving of 4p per litre on occasions we have noticed that we would have saved even more if we had purchased from Texaco of Gulf.

Aug 24, 2020
Visit site
If you cannot reverse the caravan, then you should not be towing it.

Fair point, but we were all beginners once. And with the best will in the world, it doesn't matter how good your mirrors and reversing camera are, you've always got better visibility forwards than backwards, even without a caravan - and for a variety of reasons not everyone travels with a banksperson.

I've got full confidence in my reversing skills, with and without the caravan (and Advanced Driving certificates in both skills to back my confidence up), but if there's a space that enables me to drive in forwards and then drive out forwards, I'll use it.

Reactions: Hutch
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I accept the point that those that cant reverse shouldnt be towing. You never know when you are going to have some sort of incident, whether on a narrow road, or meeting a blockage where the ability to reverse will be necessary. Add to that that somebody reversing a caravan on a tight caravan site, is putting other peoples cars and caravans at risk, seen it happen.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I have been towing for 31 years and i use to reverse my caravan into storage and on site with no problems then last year we brought motor mover I never new how easy it has made it for me .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts