Motor Mover Help Please

Aug 12, 2005
Visit site
Hi, we have just got back from a week in Norfolk with our caravan. We stayed at the Caravan Club site Seacroft, there was only a few pitches left that were very difficult to get onto which resulted in a very smelly clutch and a bit of smoke. As a result we have decided to invest in a motor mover, the question is which one? I am the sort of person that likes to do his homework, so after a little surfing on the internet I am totally baffled to which one to choose. So if I could get some advice and feedback on the various models available to help me decide it would be much appreciated. I have a Bailey Loire Series 7 twin axle which has a MTPLM of 1642kg, thanks in advance for any help, Cheers, Craig.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Craig, firstly if you search the forum for info onmovers you will find a wealth of comments about almost every make.

However, I wil say that if you want absolute peace of mind then go for Powrtouch.

The service they offer and give is second to none.

Their 5 year guarantee is exactly what it says, a full 5 years with every bit of the mover covered, unlike some who exclude things like rollers.

They have a team of fitters throughout the country, who if you encounter problems will be relatively close by to assist you.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Whether endorsement by two of your Mods counts as the kiss of death may be become obvious later.

I support Damian in everything he says, backed up by over 5 years and 3 vans fitted with Powrtouch mover (different vans, same mover). As a (retired) Mechanical Engineer the gearboxes and engagement mechanisms are (shh - don't tell them) somewhat over-engineered aka bomb-proof and reliable, and ther service second to none even outside the caravan field. I'm glad I'm not selling a similar product.

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
hi there, just to jump on the band wagon, i have a few months ago had a model 6 powrtouch fitted to my elddis crusader twin axle and it is the best thing since sliced bread!! I was also told by the engineer who fitted it that because they (powrtouch) are doing so well and taking such a big slice of the market a well known German firm who also make movers have bought them out as they want a slice of the action!!

May 20, 2007
Visit site
Hi Craig

I have just fitted a Purple line mover to my Bailey Champagne it is brilliant, I fiited it in about 3 hrs and it has made life so much easier when moving the caravan alongside the house with only 3 inches each side to spare.

Purple line do a unit for a twin axle van and it is well priced.

Hope this helps,

Trev.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts