Motor mover on a Twin Axle

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I don't have a motor mover fitted to my twin axle.

My 4x4 is a s.w.b. model so is very manoeuvrable, if I fitted a motor mover it would decrease my payload which wouldn't please Herself too much and I have no problems reversing the outfit (ex HGV) and have never yet been in a situation where I couldn't reverse or drive into where I want to be.

For the very rare times that it would be used I couldn't honestly justify the expense of a motor mover.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
i had a heavy duty model fitted to a single axle van however i sold the single axle and removed the mover ,which remained in the garage for 6 months , as would hardly get any thing for it second hand i decided to fit it to our twin axle , i dont use it for reversing onto a pitch , i mainly use it for lining up the wheel locks ,or once i have the van on the drive at home instead of wearing my clutch out ,i use it to take the van up the drive alongside the garage .it does turn the van in slow jerky movements ,but it does tend to straighten out again unless you lean against the side , its als handy for hitching up ,i would say its a handy asset in my situation ,allthough i could quite eas get along without it

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I am taking on board all comments so far.

We already have a T/A but we are about to purchase a new one and of course the sales man is there and wants to sell you everything that he can but little does he know here At Buggram Hall we have had to lay of all our Maids sell half the lead off the roof to Lord Braykwynde as he . on only has a tarpauling on his roof that flaps about in the wind.

Thanks for your comments sofar

Sir Roger

May 15, 2007
Visit site
I have a Lunar Delta and a lwb pajero which makes a 40ft unit and once took a wrong turn and got well stuck. If it wasnt for my Truma mover it would still be there, i unhitched and moved the van with the mover, priceless !!!!

Jul 15, 2009
Visit site
Go for it.

We have a Abbey Vogue 650 TA with powertouch AWD Great.

Drive it head first up the drive. No one can steal it if the A frame is the wrong way round.

Alona

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
All the ones l have looked at only give maximum of up to 1700KG or their about's apart from the Truma TE.

The vans l am looking at are around 1850kg, so l need it to do the job correctly

l have Truma S at the moment which is brilliant, so unless l find one that will match the Truma for price and the 2000kg capability of the Truma looks like will go the same way.

l don't need it for the pitches unless they are tight just to park at home has its rather an awkward to get into drive and down to where l park it.

NigelH

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Sir Roger

I had the Powrtouch Twin heavy duty fitted to the Wyoming. This mover can handle 1700kgs. It only has motors on the front axle. I didn't go for 4x4 because of extra weight and cost. I know things are tough at Buggram Hall so why waste money? Also 4x4 meant moving the waste pipes and spare wheel carrier.

So why does a young fit dog like me need a mover? Well there are a number of sites we use where it is preferable to have the hitch in first to enjoy the views eg Ardmair Point near Ullapool. Without the mover I'd never get the Wyoming off the pitch.

If you can raid the family silver I'd certainly give it a go.

Cheers

Dustydog

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts