Motor mover query

Mar 4, 2019
Visit site
Quite often when a technical question is posted, we often have to ask the poster for more often quite basic information, such as product, make, model and year. Also we are seeing more international correspondence, it would be helpful to know the posters country, as any advice might need to be revised to suit local circumstances.

Could the process of starting a new technical thread include a proforma that specifically requests these details?
OK here goes. Knaus 450 FU 2019 Aussie in Slovakia. I was planning on getting a front tow ball on my Sorento but difficult because this is illegal here. So I am putting money aside to get a mover. I have read recent post about mover and reverse release handbrake. One of my regular uses is to reverse down a short steep 2 metre ramp into my narrow garage door. Quite difficult reversing in as it is a sharp turn from the street going past the storeroom.
What is the issue with the mover and reverse release handbrake? I was expecting to leave the handbrake off when using the mover. Won’t the mover motors hold the wheels while reversing down the ramp, or do they release/freewheel?
I want to reverse in to get the back up against the rear wall, the door on the right side, and be positioned to tow out forward.

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
The caravan brakes become inoperative when the caravan is being pushed back via the towhitch.
If its being moved back by any other means, such as a motor mover, or by hand, then the brakes still operate.
See here

May 7, 2012
Visit site
You should leave the handbrake off when using the mover, the mover will hold the caravan when set up. Just remember to put the hand brake on before releasing the mover, I know to my cost that error.

Reactions: Hutch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts