Motor Mover

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
I have a Carver mover fitted to my Typhoon, on return from a recent weekend away we tavelled home in heavy rain.

Once home I appiled the rollers and the mover worked well on the flat.

However when it came to climbing up a ramp to overcome the kerb, both rollers started to slip, even with assistances from another two people we struggled to get it up the ramps (Which are not very steep).

Has anybody experienced this before?

Can you adjust the roller to apply more pressure or am I asking to much from a £1K piece of equipment.

Thanks John

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello John.....Don't know what make of mover you have,but I have just had a new unit fitted (powrtouch)and the engineer that did the job gave me a couple of pointers, ---the unit can sometimes move slightly out of position after a while, so the mounting bolts should be checked periodically, he also gave me a small one inch square block of wood which fits snuggly in between the roller and the tyre, this is the distance required prior to applying the roller ----if your gap is more than this then you could slacken off the mounting bolts and gently tap the mover back till you have this distance.

Hope this helps

rob

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello John.....Don't know what make of mover you have,but I have just had a new unit fitted (powrtouch)and the engineer that did the job gave me a couple of pointers, ---the unit can sometimes move slightly out of position after a while, so the mounting bolts should be checked periodically, he also gave me a small one inch square block of wood which fits snuggly in between the roller and the tyre, this is the distance required prior to applying the roller ----if your gap is more than this then you could slacken off the mounting bolts and gently tap the mover back till you have this distance.

Hope this helps

rob
Firstly, check that your tyres are at the correct pressure.

Secondly, the Carver comes with a metal gauge similar to the Powrtouch wooden one which sets the gap between the roller and the tyre by loosening the mounting bolts of the motor units to just bite on the gauge, then tightening them, not forgeting to move the safety retaining clamp that stops the units moving under load.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi John

Check your tech info sheet that came with the mover it will tell you what the distance should be between the roller and the tyre, also check that the rollers are intact no missing friction material missing from the rollers but it sounds more like not enough pressure being applied, as a last resort make a couple of ramps for the wheels to run up so as to negate the kerb.

Ron

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi John,I had this problem. The cause was the gap between roller and wheel was too large. It needs to be 22mm. Adjusted it and all was fine. You can do this using a standard piece of wood - the old 2"x1" planed timber is 22mm thick. There is a clamp screw holding the mover on the bottom member of the Alko chassis which you undo and slide the motor up to the tyre using the spacer and tighten. Instructions are in the book that came with the mover. After you've done the second side check the first one again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts