motor movers

Mar 25, 2009
Visit site
I am thinking of having a power touch motor mover fitted to my caravan ,I went to a local caravan dealer in s.wales to day and got quoted 945 pound fitted at their depot.I thought it was a bit excessive what do you think.If anyone knows a good price inc. fitting possibly in the s.wales area (if price was right would go further afield) or would a rhyno mover be an alternative. Your thoughts or recommendation would be really helpful

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
i purchased my mover direct from powrtouch for under £600. they will price match any mover like for like with a 5 yr waranty (they price matched mine against an enduro). Fitting took me half a day (there is nothing complicated about it, you only have to be careful with the connections) they even come already crimped with connectors. hardest part was getting under the van (lol).
i imagine they, as a dealer would probably not pay that much so they are charging a hell of a lot for labour for what is a couple of hours work. Try contacting powrtouch direct (they offer a fitting service where they come to you, i think this would be cheaper). Would self fit not be an option for you? if you are considering i am also in the south wales area if you get into difficulty.

Nov 5, 2006
Visit site
simply phone powrtouch ask price of the model mover you want then ask them to price match with (quoting)the cheapest equivelent mover you have found. If you want them to include fitting make sure that the unit you have pricematched also includes fitting cost
If you do not want it fitted be aware that the warrantee will only cover SUPPLY of parts
be also aware that quoted performance figuers from some other makers do not equate with powrtouch units I.E powrtoch quote incline & level performance figs but some others only quote level ground figs

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
powr touch can be contacted direct on www.powrwheel.com or 01425 283293. as quoted above you have to find a like for like comparision. (ie. it has to move the same or more weight, have a 5 year warranty,and if you want it fitted it must include fitting cost). You can find the cheapest mover by searching around the internet, it can be anywhere (ie ebay or simular) as long as you can provide a web address/link for them. There is also a web site caravanmoversonline.co.uk where there are lots of different makes to find the cheapest. I think in all honesty they already know for the cheapest price around as when i bought mine all i had to do was mention the web site and they didn't even check.
let us know how you get on... :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts