motor movers

Sep 8, 2004
Visit site
has anybody had any issues fitting motor movers to vans with shock absorbers.the mover is the royal titan & the new van pos a elddis affinity or a lunar lexon 470

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
lordmonty said:
has anybody had any issues fitting motor movers to vans with shock absorbers.the mover is the royal titan & the new van pos a elddis affinity or a lunar lexon 470
it depends on the cofiguration of the chassis and the mover, sometimes clearances can be a little tight. although there are some alternatives and with the Alko chassis it is possible to change the the btm shock mounting to a different hole from memory I think there are 3 positions one of these should suit. usually the mover fits in front of the wheels however if it is not possible through some obstruction they can be fitted behind the wheels (with the wiring reversed from left to right)
not ideal as the motors will pick up more road dirt.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Some older models of motor movers wouldn't fit in front of the axle if dampers were already fitted and had to be fitted to the less optimum rear of the axle.

All current motor movers should fit in front even with dampers.

It's not advisable to change the damper mounting position as that'll directly affect the damping rate.

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
RogerL said:
Some older models of motor movers wouldn't fit in front of the axle if dampers were already fitted and had to be fitted to the less optimum rear of the axle.

All current motor movers should fit in front even with dampers.

It's not advisable to change the damper mounting position as that'll directly affect the damping rate.
hi Roger I do agree but on fitting my aftermarket Alko dampers it clearly stated that when fitting them you should use the hole nearest to the the damper length. however this can be moved to the next vertical position if some obstruction like a mover is in the way.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Not tried the mover you mention but we have had three diferent caravans with different makes of mover fitted and not had any problem but all were professionally fitted. The current one is a Lunar Quasar which probably has the same chassis as the Lexon so that should be no problem.

TRENDING THREADS