Motor Movers

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi I wish to puchase a motor mover , but keep reading of failures from owners , I would like some advice on a reliable model , as I am very much non mechanicaly minded and have to pay for any repairs which is not good when on a pension , thanks in advance for any advice . Ron.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ron, I have a powrtouch fitted to the van, and find it brilliant, and very reliable.

having spoken to a friend who is in the caravan repair business, he stated that powrtouch are the best on the market at the moment, he has had lots of repairs to do on Carver models, and has several Reich movers which he cannot even give away.

They are not cheap, but very good.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ron I had a Carver mover fitted last yaer and find it to be an excellent product. People probably contact the forum when they have an occasional problem, not when things are going well.

I can only say that if I change my caravan I will either move my Carver mover onto a new caravan or buy another. Some makes have 'slow startup' but mine does not, you can inch it to an exact spot over the towball and placing one wheel on a ramp to level off when on site is a doddle.

I would go for the cross activation bar,(which I didnt know about at the time of fitting), this locks both sides in one operation, my caravan is stored at home alongside a wall and getting down the side to activate the off side is a bit tight.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We had the power touch fitted last January , it comes with a 5 year no quibble gaurentee and it is no quibble. If you are unfortunate enough to have a problem (which acording to feed back on web sites is rare) someone will be out within a few days to repair it.

Check their web site at www.powerwheel.com or phone on 0870 7521762.

Fitting is undertaken at your home or storage compound.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ron, I had a Carver mover fitted to a new van last year and it has been brilliant up to a few weeks ago.

Just when I was taking the van in for its annual first service, the caravan mover quit on me. No functions at all but it did blink at me when I tried to reconfigure the handset. Have just had a call from the Service Centre to say they have changed the main control box under guarantee. As my battery is connected all the time and recharged at intervals in the garden I am not sure whether the control box is getting "cooked" by being left connected all year!!

There is no isolation switch for the mover but I wondered if I should disconnect the mover to stop further problems?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ron, I bought a Mr Shifta in August - dead easy to use as it simply hooks on the hitch, no installation to worry about. Probably isn't as good as Powrtouch etc., but is great on tarmac and slight inclines. Needs a bit of elbow grease on tight turns, but ok if you're reasonably fit. All companies will, I believe give you a demo. Mr Shifta is about

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts