Motorhome battery charger

Jul 3, 2021
Visit site
Hi, i have a Fendt K500 Motorhome with i believe a bad battery charger. This started when i entered the motorhome and smelt rotting eggs, the leisure battery was hot and hissing. I turned off the charger and vented the van. I replaced the battery but noticed the voltage on the terminals was 16.5v and climbing so imediatly turned off the charger(i could hear battery start to bubble). Now this is where i am stuck.
The current unit is a CBE CB-522 22A charger.
Problem is what do i replace it with. The unit is shoe horned under the drivers seat, with cables over the top. So i think bad cooling .
Also do i need a 20A power supply and charger combination. or would a smaller Charger work.
The current setup did charge the starter battery as well as the leisure one.

Jul 3, 2021
Visit site
Like for like as another exact CBE CB-522 or a cheaper 20A power supply charger? The CBE is about £220 but an unbranded 20A power supply combi charger is £111.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Without knowing the performance and reliability of the unbranded power supply it’s not easy to advise. It’s your choice but I would go with the original type.

Dec 26, 2021
Visit site
Your probably sorted now but I replaced my onboard charger with this works faultlessly and all voltage and charging can be checked with your phone through bluetooth also you never switch it off , I paid £150 off ebay

VICTRON BLUESMART IP22 12/20 1 OUTPUT BATTERY CHARGER 12V 20AMP CAMPER MOTORHOME

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts