Motorhome parking at the NEC

May 22, 2016
Visit site
We're planning to go this weekend to the Motorhome and Caravan show and I tried the on-site temp camp site for somewhere to stay Friday night but they've been full since late July. Phoned three or four other local sites but all fully booked too. One site asked me if I wanted to book for next year :dry:

Then I spoke with the Traffic office at NEC and they said if we tried to stay in their normal car park overnight they'd knock us up every hour and tell us to move on. They then put me on to Lincoln Farm on Kenilworth Road, about four miles from NEC.

This is primarily an overnight truckstop so very secure with high fences all round the compound and security on site. Spoke to them and the chappie there said just turn up and they'll slot us in. Forgot to ask how much. I guess there's no electric, but I'm sure we can survive one night without the TV

Postcode is B92 0LS and Google streetmap shows full details. Probably not the best place to stay but safer than a local Tesco I reckon. Any port in a storm eh?

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Always a problem - and I've never understood the NEC's attitude, especially since (mainly) those who want to stay overnight are buying TWO days of admission. Typical British nose-spite-face!
Those who are in Britstops will find one or two not too far away.
Truckstops can be expensive, given their principal market.

gjh

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Is it the NEC or the show organiser which decides on parking charges?
I'm guessing it is the latter because day parking is charged at some events. Of the 10 events featured on the What's On page, the Motorhome & Caravan Show is the only one offering free day parking (the charge is £12 per vehicle per day for the others).
Presumably the model of free parking for day visitors and charging for campers is more beneficial to the organisers than charging everyone for day parking.

Graham

May 22, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the replies and to Tony especially for the Britstops mention. As a newbie m/h'er I'd not heard of that. Not going to join now, but will next year since membership is only to February. Would you be able to give any pointers to Britstops local to the NEC?

BTW, just phoned Lincoln Farm and it's £15 for the night

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts