motorway liber- t tag

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi all
I have just recieved my Liber-t tolling tag for use on french auto routes, hoping this will save time as we always overtake lots of hgvs en route and then are back to square one after the toll booths!
any one any tips for using tags?
Regards
maddy

Jul 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Maddy,

I don't have any tips, but I would be pleased to hear of your experiences. Like many others, I suspect, we have looked at the empty Liber-T barrier with some envy. I have lots of questions, like how easy was it to get? Do you need a French bank account, or can you do a DD payment from the UK? Is it worth getting one for 2 weeks' main holiday a year, plus the odd extra week some years?
What happens if you change your car? Does it cover you when towing (I know the tolls are different when towing)? And anything else!
I always use a credit card when going through tolls (except the odd one which will only take cash, of course), but this doesn't stop the queues.

Jo

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
https://www.saneftolling.co.uk/how-does-it-work
I left it too late this year
smiley-cry.gif

Mar 28, 2007
Visit site
It's worth it. The charge automatically varies according to the type of vehicle you are using / towing, this is done as you go through, the only real thing to remember is not to tailgate the vehicle in front, leave several metres, and to go through slowly. The charges are invoiced to you on line. This can take a little while (a week or two). Full instructions and a FAQ is available on the Sanef web page.

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi all thanks for the comments, must say I found the application process a doddle, applied on line Sunday afternoon, took about five mins and rec the tag yesterday morning! Must say my heart will be in my mouth until I've gone through the first time though!
The idea of holding up all those lorries if it doesn't work is mind blowing
Regards

TRENDING THREADS