Motorway services near A30 towards Cornwall

Ty

Apr 18, 2018
Visit site
Hi All
We are off to Newquay next friday evening,we are planning to take a steady drive straight after work and stop in the motoway services near or on the A30 , then just a short drive on saturday to arrive at the site , has any one used any of the services in this area to stay over any advice welcome.

Thanks
Ty

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Ty,
You have the Cornwall Service area on the A30 near Bodmin, I've seen plenty of caravans on there in the past, there was a couple of Transport cafes on the A30 but not to sure if they are still operating, if you don't want to go that far you have Lee Mills Café at Ivybridge with overnight parking and a little further down you then have Exeter services, you should be ok on a Friday night on Exeter unless someone rolls up with a Reefer, :)

Ty

Apr 18, 2018
Visit site
Thanks Camel, we traveled last year which was our first proper outing with a caravan and stayed at exeter services we were really lucky and got the last space, think we will call there if its busy ill probably carry on to cornwall services.
Thanks
Ty

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi TY if its the same service on the A30 "The Cornwall Services" just outside of Newquay we have been parking up their since it opened the only advice is make sure you have plenty of change as the only place that is open late at night is the garage and all they say is sorry you will have to wait for McDonald's to open and normally plenty of spaces

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Running down to CW on Sunday from Derbyshire. We usually stopover at Exeter Racecourse, CMC site, which is very reasonable in cost. On a lot of the services you will have to pay to stopover, for virtually the same money you get site facilities and showers. For us its a no brainer. It also has two decent diner/restaurants right on the doorstep.

The other point I would make is that most sites wont let you arrive until midday, so being right on the doorstep will be a drag of a wait to get going. We usually leave Exeter at 1000 am and still have to wait a few mins to get on site.

Of course the real drag with Motorway services is the sheer noise, people coming and going all night. No siree bob, I need my beauty sleep.

Ty

Apr 18, 2018
Visit site
Thanks for the replys ,had a bit of a brain wave the company i work for have just leased new offices and a warehouse by exeter Airport 4 mile detour of the m5 opened up put the caravan and car in the warehouse ,nipped out for food couple of beers then ready to go in the morning.

TRENDING THREADS