Mould mildew under bed and by shower

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Apr 21, 2005
Visit site
Good to know where the problem started and that you have managed to dry the area - if it was the locker then you have been helped by the excellent weather too!
How are you resolving the issue with the locker - after all the hatch is such a common fitment on so many vans?
Hi AudioRob. My husband found a suggestion of turning the rubber around so the thicker edge was against the caravan wall. Apparently water coming in can be an issue and this solves it. He’s checked it and it does not seem to be stopping water coming in. Our fingers are crossed.

Apr 21, 2005
Visit site
Its good to read youve found the source and hopefully its an easy fix. the bigger issue is repairing the damge.

Good luck
Yep. As we have had to cut the vinyl to remove to dry, it’s a case of replacing all the van as I doubt that I’d find an exact match and we had to cut the bathroom piece out so would mean a join. Under the bed would not have been so much of a problem.

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Has the locker got a lip over it? We had a Bailey Senator in 2005 that leaked through this door. Turned out that the overhang lip was missing. Fitted, problem solved. Came to light when I saw someone else’s caravan with the lip.

Apr 21, 2005
Visit site
Has the locker got a lip over it? We had a Bailey Senator in 2005 that leaked through this door. Turned out that the overhang lip was missing. Fitted, problem solved. Came to light when I saw someone else’s caravan with the lip.
Just taken a look now. It has a lip across the top but not down the sides like the wet locker. I’ll have a look at some pictures of the same model to see what they have. Thanks for the suggestion.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts