Mountain biking tracks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Agree with Dazicki regarding Dalby forest, Low Moor CC site near Whitby is on the moor to sea bike track which goes through the Forest. Whinlatter and Grizedale also very good in the lakes district with Troutbeck Head CC site not far away. Final place we use for mountain biking is Hamsterly forest in county Durham while staying at The Grange CC site in Durham

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
I was watching a wildlife program back along and they had a feature on the Keilder Forest in northumberland. They had an interview with some bikers and there is a special track there with jumps and stuff and a cycle track around the lake itself.

I think the CC have a site at Kielder.

Apr 27, 2005
Visit site
Try Lidalia in Newcastleton, Scottish Borders. Many purpose built mountain bike tracks.

7Stanes is the local one. 2 miles from caravan site. Website below.

www.7stanes.gov.uk

Jul 4, 2005
Visit site
Not sure where you are based but in Cornwall there is a new full on Jump Park / Biker X park with many runs, jumps, berms ect. its been said its one of the best in the UK. Its on the road between Redruth and Portreath (nice seaside village with an excellent beach / surfing) As for just trails, where do you start! Cornwall is riddled with them. The coast path between Portreath and Perranporth is extreme in itself as a route plus there are many many wooded areas with some fantastic downhills route.... trust me Ive done them!

If you need any further info on Cornwall just ask...especially if it involves bikes and cycling!

Apr 12, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tracy,

Don't know if this is of any interest to you but i live near Cwmcarn Scenic Drive in South Wales the council and forestry commission have created a mountain bike track here which is now used as one of the stages in the british championships so it must be pretty good.

There is also a site at the bottom where you can caravan/camp.

Caerphilly council run the site which isn't huge but seems really popular with the mountain bikers.

Hope this helps

Paul

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts