Mt. Cenis Pass

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
I am planning a route back from Italy to France, via Turin, that will require me to either go through the Frejus Tunnel, or over the Mt. Cenis Pass. As I try to avoid tolls wherever possible, I am drawn to the pass, for this reason and that the views are likely to be better. I would appreciate any information on the difficulty it offers from anyone who has done it, particularly from that direction.

I will be towing a Swift 565 @ 1530ks with a Kia Sportage 2litre diesel.

Thanks in anticipation of any help you can offer.

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi BedfordGeorge – just to let you know I have moved this post from the 'Pets' section to the more appropriate 'Overseas parks & touring' section.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have not towed across Mt Cenis pass but have driven it solo several times. From memory the gradients are moderate in most places. There were quite a lot of reasonably sized laybys and parking and the scenery spectacular.

I would guess your outfit would be fine, particularly if you time the crossing to avoid the main heat of the day, and allow yourself adequate time for a cool off stop or two if necessary (and to admire the views)

You may want to look at CC Europe site guides which have a section on most of the passes.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts