municipals in france

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi all. We are going to spain in August for the first time(carnt wait), site/ferry booked route sorted thanks to you all. Does anybody know of a web page that has municipal campsites for France we want a couple of nights stop over on the way down. Possibly around Orleans & Toulouse, would like to book as August will most likly be very busy so i need addresses and email addresses. Any advice or suggestions appreciated. Thanks Richard

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
get hold of the cc directory (its A5 in size) the volume that covers france. it has entries from members - the owner does not pay for the members discription - covering all sites and municipiles that have been visited along with the date. it gives telephone numbers and location.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I agree with Brian in recommending the Caravan Club "Caravan Europe" directory. We've used it for the last 10 years and have found some excellent sites. Which route are you taking? Might be able to recommend a few. Regards

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Near-ish to Orleans - go to the municipal at Bourges. A beautiful but small city often by-passed by travellers, and probably one of the best municipals in France, only 15 mins from the city centre of foot. If full go 12m NW to Mehun which has a good site only open July-Sept, and for herself the Puillivyt porcelien factory shop which is incredibly cheap.

Toulouse? Well there's a site called something like 'Riverside' at Cahoors which is also quite superb and quiet.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Richard, when my wife and I go to France and are heading for the south we never book a site beforehand, we simply leave the autoroute at a time when we feel ready, say 5pm, and drive to the nearest town or village. We have never yet in eight years failed to find an overnight site. Admittedly, some are more basic that others but as we have our own facilites in the caravan we don't worry too much. On the other hand we have found sites which we would like to return to. We have always thought that pre-booking sites on our journeys would be too restrictive. Hope you enjoy your trip whetever you decide to do.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts