My Caravan does not sit level

Apr 26, 2006
Visit site
I have an Abby Aventura 320 (2003 model) and I am feed up with having to use leveling blocks to raise the nearside whilst on a level site pitch. I have measured both sides and the nearside sits 40mm lower than the offside. My dealer from whom I purchased it last year says that this is OK as it has the fridge and oven both on that side. Is this normal? Do other Aventura 320's also list to the nearside? or is there a problem with the axle and I am being fobbed off by my dealer?

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
i would ring the manufactor and ask there advise.if this is wrong you have got rights.please let me know how you get on.ive got a phone number of consumer rights line if you need it as i spoke to them about my caravan last week.if its on finance you have got even more rights.

let me know

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ian,

I have a 1998 Bailey Pageant Imperial with the fridge and oven on the same side, Never had any problem with the caravan being

level side ways across the axle.We park our van along side our concrete drive.

Roy

May 12, 2005
Visit site
Ian,

My van an LMC has the oven, fridge, TV, hot water tanks and toilet all on the same side, I have never had a problem, I think your dealer is trying to fob you off, as has been said contact the manufacturer and check.

Good luck Tony A.

Apr 28, 2006
Visit site
I have an Aventura 318 (2002), the fridge, oven, battrey and water heater are all on the same side. The van sits completely level. Put your complaint to the dealer in writing and copy to Abbey customer services.

John.

May 25, 2005
Visit site
I have never come across the prolem of a 'leaning' van. Only after a couple!!!

Did you purchase the van from new? Or did you buy it second hand? Only asking because it may have been involved in an accident. I think, like others, that you are being fobbed off. I agree, contact the manufacturer and ask them direct. If necessary take the problem further.

Apr 26, 2006
Visit site
Thanks for all the advice, comments, etc.

I did buy it second-hand as a 2 yr old from a dealer without knowing its history but can see no obvious signs of it being involved in any accident.

I think the suggestion put by Lutz is worth following up on (any further suggestion as to how to check this out), but will be contacting the manufacturer. I will post again my progress.

P.S. My previous 1997 Abbey Cachet which was of the same layout did not suffer this problem, it just fell apart with extreme damp in every panel. P/xed to the dealer as scrap.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts