My caravan wont sell

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Oct 7, 2006
Visit site
As I successfully sold a caravan on Ebay I'd like to bring a different perspective. Lots and lots of people look on ebay. I sold on the first day of posting and gots loads of hits and questions etc.

Anyone and Everyone who has every tried to buy a caravan privatley gets sick of travelling around looking at dog kennels that have previously been described as excellent. People therefore feel much more comfortable looking around a dealer. If you want to sell on Ebay, I advise the following

* You must write a very detailed description

* You must include as many photograpghs as possible

* You must be completely open and honest, do not try to lure people on the idea they'll buy it once they arrive

* Do invite people to come and look before they bid. i would buy of Ebay, but never ever without going to look and inspect first. UIse Ebay as a private ad.

* Rather than an auction I recommend having a price and best offer

* To sell privately you've got to be realistic about the price. Think what you would look at and what would get your interest as a buyer. You may see other vans at a certain price but are they selling?

steve

Oct 9, 2006
Visit site
I would tend to agree with Steve.

I recently sold my old 2 berth Caravan on E-Bay as a Classified AD. I knew how much it was worth, and i knew what i wanted for it so i listed it with a realistic price, Good description and plenty of decent quality photographs. Also worded in a freindly tone to attract potential buyers.

The Classified ad only cost me

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Yorkie.

I still think you are advertising in the wrong place. Have you asked your dealer for the Glasses Guide figure. Not the whole bible but a good indication of where you are pitching your price.

Good luck mate.

Cheers

Alan

Jul 27, 2005
Visit site
We've sold two on ebay, first was bought as a buy it now then the bloke came and haggled. Second didnt sell but we had load of people email or ring after the end of the auction and sold it to one of them.

Bought our current one in the same way, saw it on ebay and it didnt sell so contacted the seller and negotiated a private sale.

As has already been said, be honest, put in lots of pics and a phone number and check your spellings.

claire:-}

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Hello Yorky puds

I hope this will help you we didnt bother with Ebay to sell our van we went to www.caravanfinder.co.uk it went very quickly.

I hope this is of some use to you

Regards Stewart

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think the other possible reason it's not selling/sold, is the time of year.

If you were selling it in Marc/April say, you'd probably have more luck. Nobody is going to buy a caravan to sit in their drive or in storage for the winter. Not many people caravan through the long dark months. Also, people have Christmas coming up, and the money they need for that.

As to price. Ebay buyers will bid what THEY think the caravan is worth TO THEM.

All the guides in the world (Glass's and Auto trader etc) won't influence them in the slightest despite wht you'd like to think.

Anyway.....Good luck, but i personally think you've chosen about the worst time of year to sell it.

TRENDING THREADS