My caravaning days are Over!!

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
South West Water this week introduced a HOSEPIPE ban in our area, it's estimated to last until December!!

Contrary to Hutch's belief I religiously wash may van before every trip............not any more.

I cant go away with all that Dollop on the van. :cry::cry::cry:

Caravan Birdie Poo.jpg

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Having lived on Dartmoor rain in winter seemed interminable and every winter the exterior of the house turned a shade of green. But it wasn’t uncommon then to have restrictive hosepipe bans imposed as the area didn’t have sufficient large reservoirs to meet the demands imposed by the population and the large numbers of tourists that would arrive in summer. At times I would have to take my buckets to the River Walkham which ran in front of the house to fetch water for my veg plot. No washing cars, but then even now washing cars is a rarity without a hosepipe ban.

Reactions: Gagakev
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Having lived on Dartmoor rain in winter seemed interminable and every winter the exterior of the house turned a shade of green. But it wasn’t uncommon then to have restrictive hosepipe bans imposed as the area didn’t have sufficient large reservoirs to meet the demands imposed by the population and the large numbers of tourists that would arrive in summer. At times I would have to take my buckets to the River Walkham which ran in front of the house to fetch water for my veg plot. No washing cars, but then even now washing cars is a rarity without a hosepipe ban.
Think they are preparing for the tourist, if you are visiting the area perhaps bring a few bottles with you.
Bans have been in place since last year I think for other west country areas. Im in the Teignbridge area so have been lucky so far.
And yes the bleach comes out for the green walls yearly, not now though, no hose pipe to wash it down !!

Reactions: otherclive
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
South West Water this week introduced a HOSEPIPE ban in our area, it's estimated to last until December!!

Contrary to Hutch's belief I religiously wash may van before every trip............not any more.

View attachment 4619

View attachment 461920230520_193231.jpg20230520_193223.jpg
So managed to clean the van before the off yesterday and arrived on site looking like this!!
Travelling towards Salisbury and torrential rain , surface water and puddles like I've never seen before. Horrible experience driving in those conditions, tried to find a layby to wait for it to ease. Nope everyone had the same idea, all full.
On the other hand today has been glorious.

• Sad
Reactions: Hutch
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Think you may have to click on the click to expand in Upper post for the pictures(Never used phone before to post pics on here)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts