my new caravan

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
hi there i was hoping somebody could give some info on what my new van is like it is a avondale avocet 2004 model 2 berth it looks good and i have not been away in it yet

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
What it is like depends on several factors.
Does it have a service history?
When was it serviced last?
Have you had it checked over by an engineer to see if everything actually does work as it should?

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
If it had been my purchase, I would have done all the research on the 'van before parting with any money!
smiley-undecided.gif

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Congratulations on buying your Avondale, Harry.
As Damian advised, ensure that everything works as it should and that the caravan is safe to use, tyre deterioration could be a factor on a 2004 model even though there appears to be plenty of tread left. Find out how long the tyres have been on the caravan and if it's coming up to 7 years budget for a new set.
Avondales were always popular caravans with customers who were loyal to that brand so when you go away in it perhaps you'd like to write back and tell us what you think it is like
smiley-laughing.gif

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I also have an Avocet although mine is a 1999 model, we have had ours for 3 years and absolutely love it, given the age of ours you might expect a few problems but I can honestly say it is in brilliant condition with all the original fixtures and fittings still working perfectly, when someone owns a van it seems the norm that there is always the need to go browsing round dealers for bits and pieces to add to the ever increasing load that the wife thinks she can't live without, this always ends up with a look round the vans for sale, we have also been to the caravan show each year and I can honestly say we have seen nothing that we would prefer to our Avocet, if you get half as much enjoyment from yours as we do then you will love it, good luck on the first trip away.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts