Mysteries and amusement

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Just back from a few days at a CS in North Wales- lovely views, good access, short grass, friendly owner, and good weather. (I'm not saying where- don't want to be crowded out.) I am amused at how some caravanners go about things and what they do. (This trip showed some good ones.) Aquarolls- you carry this to the tap and the handle separately which with the hose means 3 hands or lots of juggling. You then put it down on end, fill, then turn it on its side. Drag it back- OK. Then remove handle and tip it on end. (It weighs 40 kg full!) Why not just connect handle, drag to tap, fill, drag back, insert pump.) (The 40 litre one has 2 fill points.) Reversing- wife stands at back waving hand. Husband reverses and tries several times. Why not agree a set of signals? Or even use the mover? Why do men do the reversing and use the mover? Both are spatial exercises and so ladies might be just as good as us blokes. The newer cassettes have wheels yet I see men, (a man's job?), carrying it. They weigh about 20 kgs full! OK so you might get some mud in the cassette box but it cleans easily and compared with the contents............. On a more serious tone, all the caravanners were lovely, and friendly. So nice that everyone wishes you a safe tow, and offers help when a problem seems to appear- our problem was me not putting to mover key in properly!

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
How about this one - owner uses mover to move 'van off the pitch to about 1 metre behind the car. Then attempts to reverse car to tow hitch, gives up and then pushes/pulls (with partner) until connection is made. Why not use the mover?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts