Nairn Lochloy Holiday Park

Mar 29, 2007
Visit site
We just spent three nights at the Nairn lochloy site run by a well know holiday company. We were disgusted by the filthy touring toilets and showers. Having brought it to the attention of the management twice very little was done about it,which is a shame as its a lovely site very close to the beach with a indoor pool and good entertainment.

The block consists of a male and female W.C. with seperate rooms off with shower over a bath. The staff failed to provide soap for hand washing in w.c the sanitary wear was filthy and the floors were covered in stains, we ended up cleaning them ourselves only to find the local kids had got in with booze during the night and wrecked the place. they only have room for about 12 tourers and dont seem to care about them. My only advice is that if anyone is going is to use the showers in the pool area.

May 13, 2006
Visit site
Hi Alexander,

Wasn't impressed with Lochloy three or four years ago. Tourers seemed to be treated as a necessary evil - and I object to paying for entertainment I don't want. It seemed that statics were the kings.

Rob S.

Jul 2, 2006
Visit site
We thought about spending a long weekend there to try out the new van as its fairly close to home. We took a look in a couple of weekends ago while walking the dog at Nairn beech, and we decided to book the Silver Sands in Lossiemouth instead.

I didn't see the shower blocks, but i didn't like the way the vans were all crammed in together, and were too close to the main building.

We did have a quick look at the C&CC site at Delnies Wood. This looks a much better option. I hope it didn't spoil your stay too much,

Gavin.

Jun 27, 2005
Visit site
What a shame. This site has been a favourite of mine since a child. I have stayed there many times in the statics. I have always intended to go there with the tourer. Thanks for the advice. The desire has suddenly left me. Is this park, dean ? Only interested in money off the statics and people who have on-site statics. They take the tourer cash but do not deliver even a basic service.

Jul 22, 2005
Visit site
During the Easter break we travelled up to Pittenweam near St Andrews and i was keeping my eyes peeled for new sites - we passed a few 'holiday parks' and the space allocated to the tourers was pitiful. At one park there was approx 15 vans all with a few feet of each other - surely that could not have meet with safety regs.

ps the site at Pittenweam was lovely and the toilets were spotless. Grangemuir site approx 1 mile from town.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts